DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xf-series-4k-hd-camcorders/)
-   -   Guide to Canon XF series Camcorders -- instruction manual downloads and much more. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xf-series-4k-hd-camcorders/534664-guide-canon-xf-series-camcorders-instruction-manual-downloads-much-more.html)

Chris Hurd September 13th, 2017 02:27 PM

Guide to Canon XF series Camcorders -- instruction manual downloads and much more.

Everything about Canon XF series camcorders all on one page:

Buyer’s Guide: Canon XF series Camcorders at DV Info Net

-- instruction manual downloads
-- comparison chart, feature sets, etc.
-- press release, product page, firmware & support links
-- prices and "where to buy" from DV Info Net sponsors

Similar page for Canon XA and VIXIA cameras coming soon.

Chris Hurd September 13th, 2017 02:28 PM

Re: Guide to Canon XF series Camcorders -- instruction manual downloads and much more

If there are any glaring mistakes in there, please let me know.

Graham Bernard September 13th, 2017 11:45 PM

Re: Guide to Canon XF series Camcorders -- instruction manual downloads and much more

I have the PAL XF300.

Typo: DiG!C DV III - Should be DIGIC DV III I got this off of CANON Specs here: Inside the Canon XF305 & XF300: examining the technology and its benefits - Canon Professional Network

Framerates and the 2011 Updates: Up to you, but I think your comparison chart would need at least a nod in the direction of PAL? Framerates etc. Here's an update you might want to consider amongst the info, "Owners of any Canon XF-series professional camcorders – the XF305, XF300, XF105 and XF100 models – that have been bought in Europe now have the opportunity to upgrade the frame rate options on their camcorders.

The frame rate upgrades are available via five key European Canon Regional Competence Centres (RCCs) in the UK, France, Germany, Italy and Sweden. Each individual ‘PAL’ XF-series model can be upgraded to include the additional frame rates of 1080/60i, 1080/30p, 1080/24p, 720/60p and 720/24p.
"

I got it from here: Extra frame rate options for Canon XF-series camcorders - Canon Professional Network

Cheers

Grazie

Chris Hurd September 14th, 2017 08:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Grazie, many thanks.

Funny as it may seem, "DiG!C" is actually correct. See attached. See also: Digital Imaging Integrated Circuit (often styled as "DiG!C")

I greatly appreciate your suggestion regarding the PAL frame rates and I'll find a way to work that in.

Graham Bernard September 14th, 2017 08:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And yet here it is from site for Canon:

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/attachme...1&d=1505399874

Chris Hurd September 14th, 2017 09:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Heavens, how staid.

The poor soul who wrote that copy needs to loosen his cravat!

The "!" isn't just exclamatory, it's fun, and crucial, I guess, in a formal corporate branding sort of way.

Look, they even print it right on the chip:

Chris Hurd October 17th, 2017 07:55 AM

Canon USA Support page links added in each model section.

Firmware update links added in each model section.

Power adapter and battery charger model numbers added to comparison chart.

See Buyer’s Guide: Canon XF series Camcorders at DV Info Net

Graham Bernard October 17th, 2017 08:38 AM

Thank you kind Sir!

G

Chris Hurd September 17th, 2018 02:21 PM

Our Canon XF series buyer's guide has now been updated to include the recently announced XF705:

The XF705 user manual download and firmware update links are not yet available, but I'll add them as soon as Canon USA reveals them.

I had to drop the aging XF300/305 from the comparison chart on that page due to horizontal space constraints. However, the XF300/305 section of the guide is still intact, with all relevant download links and where-to-buy info.

Chris Hurd August 16th, 2019 02:50 PM

Our Canon XF series buyer's guide has now been updated to include the owner's manual and firmware download links for the XF705: