New Web Series "PINK" Now Online (shot w/A1) - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old September 5th, 2007, 07:14 PM   #16
Major Player

Great job Blake! I hope you cut a deal with YouTube so you can earn some ad money... Revver.com will do that for you, but unfortunately they don't let you delete your own videos (just in case you want to, that is).
Eugenia Loli-Queru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2007, 06:53 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Thanks for checking out the show guys. Our mission on this was/is to produce a web series that could just as easily be on HBO, Sci-Fi, or Showtime, etc. In other words, just because it's online doesn't mean you have to make it look or feel cheap.

Of course we are an indie production, so funds were/are limited compared to some of the other larger scale web series out there - and so that's where the XH-A1, the HV20 and the Letus really helped a lot.

We've shot 10 episodes and are currently in post on them all. Depending on the audience we can build over the next few months will determine how many more, if any, get made (we have scripts for the next 10). So far we're off to a pretty good start though. :)

BTW, Eugenia, good idea on Revver. I've been considering uploading there too...

Thanks again,
Blake
Old September 11th, 2007, 05:49 PM   #18
Major Player

It looks like your FLVs on your website are missing the meta data. You can get a free injector @ http://www.buraks.com/flvmdi/.

I think the meta data is missing because your player does not allow scrubbing or show the proper playing time for me. I have tested it in Safari and Firefox on the mac. Will test it on a PC when I get a chance.

Overall I am enjoying the series and hope the next webisodes are a bit longer :)

Thanks for sharing!
Old September 11th, 2007, 09:51 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Hey Josh, you are correct! I'm working to resolve the issue. On PCs the files play fine, but no counter, etc. But on older Macs, the audio doesn't work. On Intel Macs the audio is fine. But, should have new Flash files up soon.

Of course it all works fine on YouTube and Myspace. But, the video quality is better on my main website.

BTW, the second episode is online now! And they don't get any longer. It's deliberately a short form serialized show. :) On YouTube you can watch them via the "Playlist" and they'll play back-to-back.

www.youtube.com/pinktheseries

Thanks for watching!
Old September 12th, 2007, 12:01 AM   #20
New Boot

Great stuff, Blake! Nice consistent look with that Letus. Good script and editing. Can't wait for #3!
Steve Bartlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2007, 04:48 AM   #21
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake Calhoun View Post
Hey Josh, you are correct! I'm working to resolve the issue. On PCs the files play fine, but no counter, etc. But on older Macs, the audio doesn't work. On Intel Macs the audio is fine. But, should have new Flash files up soon.

Thanks for watching!
Well if you need some help or something with the encoding lemme know :) I also sent you a message on your my space profile that contains my email address. I will be waiting for the next show :)
Old September 12th, 2007, 06:00 AM   #22
Inner Circle

Hi Blake,

If you are using Avid to generate the FLASH file the lack of indexing is not a bug. I had that issue as well and finally got the answer that the version of Sorensen they are using does not index and that if I need that functionality then I would have to purchase the full version.

Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake Calhoun View Post

Of course it all works fine on YouTube and Myspace. But, the video quality is better on my main website.

BTW, the second episode is online now! And they don't get any longer. It's deliberately a short form serialized show. :) On YouTube you can watch them via the "Playlist" and they'll play back-to-back.

Thanks for watching!
Old September 12th, 2007, 07:17 AM   #23
Major Player

For the record I use Sorenson 4.5.6 Full Version and it still does not put in the meta data. I use both the Mac and PC version and have the same results. Luckily the Tool i linked to above does not take long at all to run and has a batch feature and is free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Medico View Post
Hi Blake,

If you are using Avid to generate the FLASH file the lack of indexing is not a bug. I had that issue as well and finally got the answer that the version of Sorensen they are using does not index and that if I need that functionality then I would have to purchase the full version.

Chris
Old September 12th, 2007, 07:23 AM   #24
Inner Circle

Thanks for the info Josh,

A money saver for me!!

Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Chesarek View Post
For the record I use Sorenson 4.5.6 Full Versoin and it still does not put in the meta data. I use both the Mac and PC version and have the same results. Luckily the Tool i linked to above does not take long at all to run and has a batch feature and is free.
Old September 12th, 2007, 07:28 AM   #25
Major Player

Overall Sorenson is still great and the compression it does is very good. I mainly got it because the Adobe Encoder from Premiere left me wanting, Plus I needed batch. Ive been meaning to email Sorenson about this "bug" or lack of feature but just havent had time but I should make some. I guess I should also note I have the educational edition which saved me some money but when loading it I do not see it marked as a special educational version or anything. I had also asked the sales people if there was anything left out of the edu edition but they had said no.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders