DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   BNC Output to Monitor (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/103269-bnc-output-monitor.html)

Kyle Prohaska September 10th, 2007 07:38 PM

BNC Output to Monitor

I own a new JVC TM-H150C and im loving it. I want to hook my A1 up to the thing for on set viewing. I need a BNC Cable right? I looked it up and saw all sorts of kinds, different connectors and stuff...50 and 75 connectors or w/e they're called. I don't want to spend money if im not positive im buying the right cable.

The monitor I have is exactly like this:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...roduction.html

- Kyle

Bill Pryor September 10th, 2007 08:47 PM

You just need an ordinary BNC cable. You can get one at Radio Shack.

Steve Leverich September 10th, 2007 09:46 PM

Specifically get a 75 ohm BNC cable - video uses 75 ohm cable while a lot of other applications use 50 ohm. This WILL make a difference in anything but a lo-res surveillance cam... Steve

Don Palomaki September 11th, 2007 06:38 AM

Using the wrong impedance cable can result in some ghosts caused by signal reflections induced at a change in impedance. On short cables it may not be noticeable, but it may be visible on longer cable runs. As stated above, video normally uses 75 ohm impedance cables.

Kyle Prohaska September 19th, 2007 11:10 PM

I'm so confused....and aggrevated. Normal BNC wont work because they are Male to Male when I know the A1's output and the one on my monitor dont match. I know the input on the monitor is a BNC female because I looked up pictures of adapters and things but the A1's output looks different so does that mean the A1's hookup is Male? I'm not sure though because all male cables I see dont look like the A1's output....what a nightmare.

- Kyle

Bill Busby September 20th, 2007 12:53 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I'm confused as well, but only from your confusion.

Here's some photos to clear things up for you.

Kyle Prohaska September 20th, 2007 06:27 AM

See that I understand, but for some reason the connector on the A1 looked nothing like either, its empty inside with a single long metal pin in the center, BUT the pin doesn't have a point on it like the Male BNC...hense my confusion. Thats why because the one on the A1 looked like niether...

- Kyle

Matthew Nayman September 20th, 2007 06:32 AM

The A1 has a female spot.

That sounded raunchier than I meant.

Bill Busby September 20th, 2007 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew Nayman (Post 747198)
The A1 has a female spot.

That sounded raunchier than I meant.

Geesh! Thanks Matthew. I spewed coffee everywhere :-\ Dang

Bill Busby September 20th, 2007 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle Prohaska (Post 747196)
the connector on the A1 looked nothing like either, its empty inside with a single long metal pin in the center, Kyle

I see what you're saying... I think... it's the white plastic shield you're saying is missing. Look further, it's there, just not exactly like the photo posted.

Stop worryin' & get yourself a good BNC cable (male on both ends) & hookerup! :D

Bill

Matthew Nayman September 20th, 2007 05:51 PM

No problem Bill....

You gotta admit, the camera is certainly a 'her'.

My XL2 was male, reffered to it as 'him' or 'the big boy'. It was stubborn, powerful, top heavy and ugly.

The XHA1 is certainly, in my books, female. It's softer and subtler, an elegant machine. Also, mine freaks out with dropouts and condensation about once a month, so... yeah.

All kidding (and sexism/misogyny) aside, the BNC on the camera is female. The white plastic piece is simply hidden.

Greg Clark October 17th, 2007 07:32 AM

TM-H150C as an HDV Monitor?

I have a Canon A1 but I didn't think this JVC monitor would display as a production monitor when working with HDV. Is anyone using this combination?