Frame Rate of Canon Console at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old October 18th, 2007, 01:19 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Frame Rate of Canon Console

Hi folks,

I'm trying out Canon Console on my laptop. It seems to work pretty good, but the frame rate to the computer is awful - about 1.2fps. This makes Console practically unuseable. Zooming while using the computer as a monitor is impossible because it can be a full second behind the camera. Anyone know why this might be? I play DVD's full-screen on this laptop without issue.
Robert Hruska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2007, 01:35 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Computers take time to process the video...

Is console supposed to be real-time?
Bryce Olejniczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2007, 02:12 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Well, if its going to be useful, then yes. What use is the use of the focus assist window if it takes three times as long to focus when using it? Or using the Canon Console focus function, when using the focus function on the camera takes far less time?

Also, if it's storing the video to the hard drive, it darned well better be in real time.
Robert Hruska is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders