A1 m2t in Vegas to FCP HDCAM at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old October 24th, 2007, 09:47 AM   #1
Major Player

A1 m2t in Vegas to FCP HDCAM

I use my A1 for SD broadcast but shoot in HDV. I may have the opportunity for some of my b-roll to be included within an HD broadcast.

What would be the best delivery method to get an A1 m2t compiled in Vegas over to a FCP user for use within an HDCAM timeline? Ideally, my clip would just integrate right into the HDCAM workflow or be easily reviewed on a Mac and encoded to do so.

I’ve searched the forums but did not find anything regarding this specific issue.

I will also have to put the raw files on a DVDR.
Eric Weiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2007, 10:56 AM   #2
Major Player

Hi Eric,

See if this helps you?

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=104930

Matthew
Old October 24th, 2007, 11:08 AM   #3
Major Player

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for the reply, but that post seems to deal with HDV to SD content. I'm good on that.

I’m looking for the most efficient way to get HDV/m2t content (from the A1) from a PC over to a FCP user for HDCAM output. I won’t be doing any DVD content authoring, just burning the raw files on a DVDR ISO for delivery.

I’m more concerned about the ease of use and seamless integration of the files into FCP. So I am not clear on whether I should provide a 1440x1080 mpeg2 file or a 1920x1080 mpeg2 file and their respective bitrates for HDCAM to broadcast.
Eric Weiss is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders