A1 not recognized by NLE at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old December 9th, 2007, 02:16 PM   #1
New Boot

A1 not recognized by NLE

I'm having trouble getting Vegas to recognize my A1 when connected. Last night I downloaded Vegas Version 8.0c The firewire is acknowledging that a device has been connected. I then went back to a copy of version 6 which responded to play - stop controls on the camera and the stop/capture controls in the program it still would not give me a video picture. Can anyone help me please?
Brenda Drennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2007, 04:56 PM   #2
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda Drennan View Post
I'm having trouble getting Vegas to recognize my A1 when connected. Last night I downloaded Vegas Version 8.0c The firewire is acknowledging that a device has been connected. I then went back to a copy of version 6 which responded to play - stop controls on the camera and the stop/capture controls in the program it still would not give me a video picture. Can anyone help me please?
What you get from the camera depends on the Downconvert setting. If this is ON, you will get DV type video and you need to use the Vegas External capture programme (look under preferences). If it is OFF, you will get HDV type video and you need to use the Internal capture programme.

If you mismatch the camera and capture settings, you can't connect to the cam.

Richard
Richard Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2007, 11:20 AM   #3
New Boot

Richard,
Thank you for your response, I check on these settings tonight. I know that I have downconvert set on the camera.
Thanks again.
Brenda Drennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2007, 02:52 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I'm not familiar with Vegas, but I've found that in Final Cut, before you hook up the firewire cable to the camera you have to turn it on to VCR mode, and then go to the menu and make sure its not set to automatic. Set it to either HDV or DV depending on what mode you shot in. That helped me.
Steve Yager is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders