High Quality Firestore at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old December 17th, 2007, 05:08 PM   #1
Major Player

High Quality Firestore

Would i get higher quality video if i recorded straight to a Firestone or something, compared to HDV tape?
Old December 17th, 2007, 05:13 PM   #2
Major Player

No. It's all the same bits, no better, no worse.

Bill
Bill Busby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2007, 10:23 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I prefer to capture to Yokohama or BF Goodrich. As far as quality goes, I usually get whatever is on sale at Tire Rack. ;) Bill answered your question exceedingly well, so I'm just here to crack a joke or two and open my mind. However, I will throw in the comment that you should check out the differences between the standard Firestore FS4 and the Firestore FS4C for the Canon camcorders.

You know what would be sweet? If there was a Firestore-sized that captured straight from the component out jacks. I guess I basically want a PC shrunk down to Firestore size with a capture program built into ROM and solid state storage. All for under $2000. Is that too much to ask????

Oh, Loren...you got me started.

How about a capture device that fits into the MiniDV cassette well that would transfer data in pretty much the same way those cassette-to-portable CD player units work? Really, we can get 4GB of storage on a postage stamp size device. Stack 10 of those in a cassette-shaped box. What's holding us back??????????

*Patents applied for above devices by WozCo.
Old December 17th, 2007, 10:56 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I agree with Ken fully about checking both out. I too am looking into a Firestore. I just got back a really long email from one of their reps about the differences between the 2 and comparison charts etc

I was initially looking into the FS4 solely on price, but then I found out that it doesn't fully support all Canon HDV codecs without converting and blah blah blah so I am now going with the FSC as soon as I can pony up the cash.
Kellen Dengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2007, 03:03 AM   #5
Major Player

hahahah thanks to all for your inputs, and yes those would be some crazy things! maybe someone should get on that?;) dont worry about me stealing ur ideas, most 15 year olds could never even fathom such thoughts!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders