DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   FITA18 - Archery event UK (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/110621-fita18-archery-event-uk.html)

Paul Joy December 19th, 2007 07:19 PM

FITA18 - Archery event UK

I put together a short video for my local archery club of a competition they recently hosted. It's all shot with the A1. The whole thing was put together in a day so it's a little rough around the edges, but I think it gets across what he competitions are like.

http://www.videotrader.co.uk/footage...y/fita18-nov07

Paul.

Brent Goodale December 20th, 2007 11:50 PM

Hey Paul, very nice video. I think you did a great job making the best out of the situation. Coverage was done very well. Music flowed well and you seem to have some good moments all throughout. It kept my interest and also the quality was great. What settings was the quicktime export? Nice work

Brent

Paul Joy December 21st, 2007 06:07 AM

Thanks Brent.

I've started using the 'Export for Web' option in QuickTime lately and choosing the 'For Desktop' option. This seems to do a really nice job of keeping the file size down whilst retaining good quality, much better results in fact than I've been getting from either Episode Pro or Compressor.

regards

Paul.

Brian Cushing December 23rd, 2007 10:22 AM

FITA18 - Archery event UK

Hello Paul.

I would like to congratulate you on your excellent production using the XH A1.

This shows what an incredible camera this is, producing such sharp scenes, with excellent colour reproduction.

I live in Norfolk myself (near the Norfolk Broads) and its the first time I have seen any results from this camera locally.

I am sure that Norwich Movie Makers Society of which I am a member would also like to see some of your films.

Also, as I am hoping to upgrade from the Canon XM2 to this model, I would appreciate any advice regarding the settings that you are using to obtain this quality of picture.

Regards,

Brian

Mark Rook December 23rd, 2007 02:15 PM

Hi Paul,

Lovely video. What settings on the A1 were you using if you don't mind me asking. Also, what video save options did you use, looks superb.

Many thanks,

Mark

Jim Miller December 23rd, 2007 06:27 PM

Excellent job. Archery has certainly come a log way since the days of Robin Hood!

Paul Joy December 23rd, 2007 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Cushing (Post 797294)
I live in Norfolk myself (near the Norfolk Broads) and its the first time I have seen any results from this camera locally.

I am sure that Norwich Movie Makers Society of which I am a member would also like to see some of your films.

Also, as I am hoping to upgrade from the Canon XM2 to this model, I would appreciate any advice regarding the settings that you are using to obtain this quality of picture.

Hi There Brian, I'd be quite interested in hearing more about the Movie Makers Society you mention, maybe you can send me some details via email?

Settings wise, the video was shot a 1080/25F with shutter at 50. I use a preset based upon one called -3db which i obtained on this site somewhere, although I have tweaked it a little to taste. Some of the shots use the Canon wide adapter but most are just the stock A1.

regards

Paul.

Hugh Mobley December 24th, 2007 01:36 AM

You brought back alot of memories of my archery days. I hung out with Tom Jennings when he first came out with the compound bow in the late 60's early 70's In the 70's it seemed archery comsumed us, we built an outdoor 28 target field range, had an indoor range, seemed like we hunted over two months out of each year. I shot archery for almost 30 years, hunted all over, hung it up got tired of chasing Elk. but it was very nice to see the equipment you guys use over there