Technical Help about A-1 & Infrared - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old January 26th, 2008, 04:20 PM   #16
Major Player

Hi Chris

I just noticed on your earlier thread about the 200m lanc extension - did you really mean 3.5mm stereo plugs? I thought all lancs were 2.5mm.
Annie Haycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2008, 05:18 PM   #17
Inner Circle

Er...........

Did I say that? Must have been a senior moment/ typo/ the cat did it.

CS

PS. As for deleting posts, all you need to do is have a quick chat with the man upstairs.

PPS. Interesting about the bats, shall have to do some more investigating. Wonder if they're mostly North Island?

Last edited by Chris Soucy; January 26th, 2008 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Addition
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2008, 05:59 PM   #18
Major Player

The man upstairs must have seen the message because the post was deleted! Thanks man upstairs!

When I was in New Zealand, I was told probably the best places for bats were the old forests in the south west of South Island, and the easiest place to find them might be along the road to Milford Sound. However, later we read that bats were turning up in other places too, including North Island. People hadn't really looked for them much before. Even here in Britain we are finding the rarer bats in so many more places now that bat detectors have become more sophisticated and easy to use.
Annie Haycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2008, 11:02 PM   #19
Inner Circle

Thanks for your responses.
Tim Polster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2008, 09:04 AM   #20
Wrangler

Generally speaking the "nightshot" feature is based on sensing near IR.

An interesting article on it at: http://www.kaya-optics.com/devices/sony_nightshot.shtml

The sight also goes into great depth on the whole subject, and on modifying camcorders to allow better IR vision.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders