2008 $250 Rebate? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old February 4th, 2008, 05:51 PM   #16
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira Ostrowski View Post
As far as the rebate form I posted, I found it listed here
http://www.mbsdirect.com/product.php?productid=17338
I can't find anywhere that it says you have to buy it at this site...I also don't know if it is a valid rebate or not. It would be great if it is....peace y'all
This is the exact same rebate form as the one on jr.com. I've bought quite a few A/V componets from J&R in the past and never had a problem. And they are an authorized Canon reseller according to the person at Canon I spoke to. If this form is legit, it certainly is enticing at $3330 - $250 = $3080 plus free ground shipping.
http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=4140351
rebate - http://www.jr.com/images/pdf/rebates/CAN4_20080331.pdf

Mark

Last edited by Mark Steele; February 4th, 2008 at 05:55 PM. Reason: added links
Mark Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2008, 06:03 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Hey ....Work Your Best Deal

Ira

I know that TapeWorks Texas Inc and ZotzDigtal will work for your business. Call I bet you can get a better price than B&H. Just got off the phone with TapeWorks Texas Inc , and they beat B&H on a FireStore by a good amount.

Best To You
Rob Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2008, 07:33 PM   #18
New Boot

Rebate?

Wow,
http://www.jr.com/images/pdf/rebates/CAN4_20080331.pdf

it sure looks like a legit rebate form. Would they really risk the legal ramifications of falsifying a rebate form? Somehow I doubt it. Also, this form should be valid anywhere, not just at JR. Just now I tried calling the rebate center that is listed on the form. Customer service is closed for the night; I will try tomorrow and let everyone know what I find out. It’s certainly worth a try. Thanks for the find!
Ryan M. Christensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2008, 07:40 PM   #19
New Boot

Comparison

As a comparison, here is the previous rebate:
http://downloads.canon.com/cpr/softw...XHA1_Sep13.pdf

The rebate found on the JR website looks to be legit. How strange that there is a valid rebate going on, but its not announced? Hum...

Ok,
Be Well...
Old February 4th, 2008, 07:42 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira Ostrowski View Post
Thanks guys. I'll be saving my pennies to buy the Canon XH A1. Guess that rebate form is not valid....what's this world coming to? Peace....
I just visited B&H and the rebate IS valid!...as of 02/04/08 at 7:00PM CST, B&H is offering a rebate of $300.00 until 02/29/08. B&H price (after rebate) is $2999.95...I think I've finally found my newest aquisition.

Strange tho..the rebate coupon on the J&R site is different...hmmmmmm.

BTW...this rebate is on the XL-2. The XH-A1 is listed at: $3299.95.
Derek Mills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2008, 07:53 PM   #21
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Cook View Post
Ira

I know that TapeWorks Texas Inc and ZotzDigtal will work for your business. Call I bet you can get a better price than B&H.
I would consider a purchase, but since they do business here in Texas (where I live), I'd have to pay tax. I wonder if they would still offer a better deal perhaps...?

OF INTEREST....there's a camera shop here in Dallas called, "Competitive Camera," and they are usually pretty good at matching deals when I tell them about B&H offers. But when I contacted them a few weeks ago, his offer was off by at least $150.00. I usually tell him that I would pay him what the advertised price is + shipping/insurance, and he has literally matched every offer I've come to him for. But he wouldn't budge on this last inquiry...hmmmmmmm.
Old February 4th, 2008, 07:58 PM   #22
New Boot

Derek, when I go to the BH Photo website I cant find that 300.00 rebate. Can you provide a link? Where did you find it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Mills View Post
I just visited B&H and the rebate IS valid!...as of 02/04/08 at 7:00PM CST, B&H is offering a rebate of $300.00 until 02/29/08. B&H price (after rebate) is $2999.95...I think I've finally found my newest aquisition.

Strange tho..the rebate coupon on the J&R site is different...hmmmmmm.
Old February 4th, 2008, 08:08 PM   #23
New Boot

Rebate Cancelled

OK, I just got the phone with Canon. Apparently they were going to have a national 250 dollar rebate on the XH A1, but it was cancelled. That PDF was legit, but it has been cancelled. I guess JR did not pull it from their website?
Old February 4th, 2008, 08:42 PM   #24
Regular Crew

ZotzDigtal

Derek,

TapeWorks Texas Inc Just might do that, I would call Scott Cantrell. Right now he is working on a deal for me on the Firestore FSC-HD60. My wife said "Yes, if that's would make life better, You can buy one"
Man! I Love Her!!!

or

ZotzDigtal cut me a good deal this afternoon on my A1. They don't charge TAX :). Call them and see if they will beat B&H.

I can't buy (XH-A1) from B&H, the warranty will not cover people from Oklahoma. Something about our great football team or something...HEehheheh
( really, its that Oklahoma wants B&H to collect tax on the warranty sale, some stupid law here on the books. The company providing the service must have a presents or collect taxes in the state and MACK does)

ZotzDigtal uses MACK 4 Year Pro and then I buy a $39 (a year) policy from USAA insurance to cover the A1 from water, dropping, theft, sand, being a dummy, or any thing other than the manufactures defects. It totals (MACK + USAA = $326 for 4 years of coverage. Not bad.
Old February 4th, 2008, 08:45 PM   #25
Regular Crew

I just bought my XH-A1 a few weeks ago from B&H and I sent in a rebate they had at that time for $250 off between Jan 1st 2008-March 31st 2008. I just found the PDF saved on my computer.
Old February 4th, 2008, 08:56 PM   #26
New Boot

I bought from JR.com without issue and because they waited a day to ship when I asked for overnight, they shipped it free overnight which was nice because the price they quoted me was reduced to reduce the overnight charge. So I ended getting it in 2 days for 3284 and then rebate. Jr was great.

BTW the Canon rebate never stopped, one immediately followed the other.

Texas Tapeworks -I bought the Libec 38, varizoom, Mac Warranty, wide angle lens, filter and they had the best prices on all of it, the libec 38 was almost $100 cheaper than B&H.
Had a slight shipping delay with a few of the products and they apologized profusely. I would certainly buy from Scott again.

I also have USAA, I got an $8000 rider policy for all computers\cameras (cell phones) in the house for $34 a year. I love USAA.
C.J. Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2008, 09:06 PM   #27
New Boot

Mike, have you heard back from Canon? I wonder if they will honor the rebate if you already bought a camera before they cancelled the rebate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Andrade View Post
I just bought my XH-A1 a few weeks ago from B&H and I sent in a rebate they had at that time for $250 off between Jan 1st 2008-March 31st 2008. I just found the PDF saved on my computer.
Old February 4th, 2008, 10:11 PM   #28
Regular Crew

USAA Rocks

[QUOTE=I also have USAA, I got an $8000 rider policy for all computers\cameras (cell phones) in the house for $34 a year. I love USAA.[/QUOTE]

C.J.
I will have my wife ck into that, right now we have the $3000 on computers @ $48 per year and my new XHA1 @ $39 per Year.

Whats a " Libec 38 " ???

Thanks for the info......
Old February 4th, 2008, 11:48 PM   #29
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan M. Christensen View Post
Derek, when I go to the BH Photo website I cant find that 300.00 rebate. Can you provide a link? Where did you find it?
I went to their main page, and typed, "XL-2" in the SEARCH window, and clicked the GO button. It brings up a list of items, with an XL at top, and there to the right of the camera it shows the prices:

Price: $3,299.95
Instant Rebate:-$300.00
After Rebate:$2,999.95

Then below the prices, it had a little green box that read," View Rebates."
When I clicked that, it showed the rebate info.
From my POV tho...it looks as if it may be their own rebate, rather than Canon's, but I may be wrong.

Here's the link that was from that page: (although it probably won't be valid too long I guess...as links sometimes expire)
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...arch&Q=*&bhs=t
Old February 4th, 2008, 11:52 PM   #30
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.J. Daniel View Post
I also have USAA, I got an $8000 rider policy for all computers\cameras (cell phones) in the house for $34 a year. I love USAA.
CJ,
Can you provide some info on USAA warranty? Do they have a website? It is available in Texas, etc?
Thanks!
Derek Mills is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders