1/120 Shutter Speed & Auto Aperture possible?? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old February 13th, 2008, 09:26 AM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hurd View Post
Right -- it's a way to switch quickly between manual exposure and auto exposure, for those times when you find yourself in rapidly changing lighting conditions (such as a wedding videographer following a bride and groom in and out of doors), or any occasion where you need a fast way to go from manual iris control to AE.

You know how handy the Push AF button is for momentary auto focus? This is almost the same thing for AE as it is for AF, except Push AF is press-for-auto-release-for manual focus, whereas Exposure Lock isn't a momentary press but a switch -- that is, you have to press it again to return to the previous exposure mode.
Chris

Thank you so much for this tip. It's incredibly useful.

I have just been reviewing footage I shot at the weekend of about 20 old time musicians playing in a canteen with artifical light at one end and big windows both sides at the other with sunshine flooding through.

Exposure was a bit hit and miss.

I find that setting exposure is more difficult on the A1 than on my previous cameras but this tip fixes that problem brilliantly.

Now if only Cannon had not disabled push autofocus from the lanc controller (it worked on the XL1 etc) the camera would be almost perfect!
Richard Gooderick is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders