DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   Just purchased from Zotz! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/114322-just-purchased-zotz.html)

Will Mahoney February 8th, 2008 01:24 PM

Just purchased from Zotz!

People, I am absolutely freaking out! I just ordered an XH A1 and some essential accessories (filters, tapes, a bag, a tripod, wide-angle converter) from Tom at Zotz Digital.

Once I get this camera, I'll have to start producing real, high-quality product information and installation videos and little web commercials for my employer, Stylin' Trucks. I've been trying to launch our video program for the last two years with a little ZR85 and the bosses finally are seeing the effects - some extra web traffic, increased conversion rates.

So they approved for me to get a "real" camera, the Canon XH A1. I'm so psyched!

Ok, I want to give props to Tom at Zotz Digital for helping me along the way. I found their site through this board and contacted them online. Tom called me the next day and e-mailed a quote to me before we even hung up the phone. He was very helpful in suggesting different camera options (SD, or HD? We obviously settled on HD, and the A1) and also very helpful in suggesting accessories that I may need, like suggesting a wireless lav mic for product installations - great idea, Tom!

Call Zotz Digital if you want to get something, or contact them online and they get back to you quickly. Their info can be found on the sponsor page.

Though this isn't officially "my" camera, for all intents and purposes it is. and I'm all about teamwork and community. So if anyone in Cleveland wants to check out an A1, or needs a second shooter (though I'm totally still a noob), contact me.

Those are my pennies.
Will

Jeremiah Rickert February 17th, 2008 03:03 AM

Zotz...

I love Zotz too. (also bought my XHA1 there). Definitely going with them for all my big video purchases.

JR

Charles Papert February 17th, 2008 04:48 PM

Bought my HV20 and MacPro edit system from them last year. Good stuff.

Will Mahoney February 19th, 2008 07:17 AM

I am freaking out!! Fedex tracking shows the package is In-Transit from Toledo, Ohio. That's only 1.5 hours from here. Yesterday was a holiday, maybe it'll be delivered today!!

Kellen Dengler February 19th, 2008 10:40 AM

The suspense is killing me!

Bill Pryor February 19th, 2008 11:48 AM

Is it there yet???

Will Mahoney February 19th, 2008 01:33 PM

Still waiting...

The damn thing is in Grove City, Ohio, which appears to be just south of Columbus, which is 2.5 hours south of me, in Cleveland.

Feb 19, 2008 5:12 AM

Arrived at FedEx location

GROVE CITY, OH

So it was in Toledo (two hours west of here) on Friday, and how it's in Grove City (2.5 hours south of me) today. Maybe it'll work it's way completely around and be in Pittsburgh tomorrow and up in Toronto on Friday. We'll see...I've got the receiving guy all pissed 'cause I keep bothering him, "It'll be here when it gets here. Christ almighty, Mahoney...the world's still gonna be here in two days for you to vidyatape."

Yes, he calls it "Vid-ya" and not "Vid-e-oh". :)

Allen Plowman February 19th, 2008 01:42 PM

hopefully the camera is recording the awesome journey around Ohio :)
sounds like an interesting trip