Best camera settings for AVID editing? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old March 1st, 2008, 04:50 PM   #1
Tourist

Best camera settings for AVID editing?

I've been trying to edit on an AVID system, and it always freaks out during import/capture... It definitely can't handle the 24F. What settings do you guys use to ensure proper capture for your editing system [specifically avid]?

Thanks!
Zachary Reusing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2008, 05:42 PM   #2
Contributor

You probably need to switch to FCP. Avid's XpressPro doesn't handle Canon's 24F mode. Which is why I recently got a new FCP system rather than Avid.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2008, 02:56 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I shoot HDV 60i on both the A1 and an HV20. Never had any problems importing into Avid 5.2.4. (HDV 59.9? project). Also capture with an nNovia QC HD40, and the m2t files “fast import” into Avid if you just drag them to the bin.
Terry Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2008, 11:30 AM   #4
Contributor

He was talking 24F. There's no problem with 60i.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2008, 08:30 PM   #5
Major Player

The Avid captures 25f footage but you have to be in 1080i HDV mode for it to work and then I create a new project in 25p and import the bin you captured it into. From a technical point I dont know if it actually converts the footage to some sort of interlaced version of the footage but looks perfectly progressive to me when I export and no resolution drop. Give it a go.
Peter Szilveszter is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders