DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   Orlando Predators Intro Video (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/117061-orlando-predators-intro-video.html)

Jerrod Cordell March 15th, 2008 04:50 PM

Orlando Predators Intro Video

Well it's been a very long few months, but the Orlando Predators Intro video is finally done. It premiered last night at the first homegame at the Amway Arena. We got there kind of late so I kind of missed it, but I'll just go to another game to see it on the Jumbotron. XD

It was shot using the Vivid RGB preset on the A1 with the Merlin Steadicam and it was edited in Final Cut Studio 2. The ending graphic I didn't do. I got that from the arena.

I put it online, so here it is for anyone who wants to watch it.

http://vimeo.com/788169

And everyone should watch ESPN 2 on April 6th to see it on national television. XD

Bryan Gilchrist March 15th, 2008 05:10 PM

A little on the dark side, but cool none the less.

Jim Miller March 16th, 2008 09:37 AM

very nice.

Nathan Quattrini March 16th, 2008 11:36 AM

is there a way to make HD not the default that plays? Its too slow on my computer, and choking it so much I can`t turn HD off.

Jerrod Cordell March 16th, 2008 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathan Quattrini (Post 843344)
is there a way to make HD not the default that plays? Its too slow on my computer, and choking it so much I can`t turn HD off.

I have no idea. This is the first time I've used Vimeo.

Mark Williams March 16th, 2008 02:14 PM

Click on the right side of the screen on the HD button. You can toggle it off and on.

Jerrod Cordell March 16th, 2008 03:15 PM

If you can't watch it in HD it's on my myspace in SD at myspace.com/botac1 or myspace.com/irishrage.

Robert Wide March 17th, 2008 03:19 PM

Very nice, how did you get the blacks so black?

Robert

Jerrod Cordell March 17th, 2008 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Wide (Post 844000)
Very nice, how did you get the blacks so black?

Robert

I put it in Color in FCS2 and used the Film Look FX to crush the blacks and up the contrast, then I made the "film grain" zero.

Jerrod Cordell March 27th, 2008 01:45 AM

Nothing at all to say really. Just wanted to bring it to the top because I'm a whore. =)

Just wanted to know what other people thought of it.

Will Mahoney March 27th, 2008 07:04 AM

Nice one!

Mary Angelini April 14th, 2008 02:20 PM

LOVED IT! I'm looking forward to seeing it at a game!

Russ Motyko April 14th, 2008 05:06 PM

Very nicely done. Cuts are nice and sharp and the music helps inform the piece.

Just two things I noticed:

1. The mascot's footsteps sound very fake and "plastic-y."

2. When the camera enters the locker room there is some sort of fog/mist there. When the mascot puts on his helmet, the fog/mist is gone. Its somewhat distracting.

Overall I was impressed.

Jerrod Cordell April 14th, 2008 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Angelini (Post 860282)
LOVED IT! I'm looking forward to seeing it at a game!

Just make sure you go about 30 minutes before the game actually starts. I went to the first game and got there at 7 and completely missed it. But I saw it at the second game. XD

Quote:

Very nicely done. Cuts are nice and sharp and the music helps inform the piece.

Just two things I noticed:

1. The mascot's footsteps sound very fake and "plastic-y."

2. When the camera enters the locker room there is some sort of fog/mist there. When the mascot puts on his helmet, the fog/mist is gone. Its somewhat distracting.

Overall I was impressed.
Thanks. I'm glad you liked it.

The footsteps from the mascot are actually the skulls on his shoulders bouncing up and down. I recorded him running in place and then stuck it in there a bunch. And the last shot was actually in a different location because I forgot to film it when we were at the Arena. Whoopsie. lol. Hopefully it's not too noticeable though.