Trucolor Modified at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old April 4th, 2008, 01:33 PM   #1
Go Cycle

Trucolor Modified

Greetings,

As you know, I have posted about a BLUE cast when using the Trucolor setting. The original setting was well thought out and appreciated.

There are apparently other's with the same BLUE CAST situation that I am experiencing. I think it may have to do with inconsistent colorimetry of the cameras.

If you all could, PLEASE try the below settings and let me know what you think. I modified the crushed blacks, added more punch to the COLOR saturation as well as adjusting the BLUE cast found on MY camera:

GAM M
KNEE M
BLK M
PED -4
SET -1
SHP 1
HDF M
DHV 0
COR 0
NR1 0
NR2 0
CMX N
CGN 22*
CPH 0
RGN-2
CGN 3
BGN -3
RGM 10
RBM -12
GRM 6
GBM 0
BRM 12
BGM -3

Thanks to all in advance,

LOU
Old April 4th, 2008, 02:10 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I also disliked the bias towards the blue in the TRUCOLOR preset, although I liked other aspects of it quite a bit. Interesting that your modifications mirrors my own in most respects. I will play with this one this afternoon -- after my new Letus Extreme kit arrives!

It's going to be a fun weekend behind the camera . . .
Will Schryver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2008, 02:13 PM   #3
Major Player

This seems like a useful contribution but I'm wondering if it is a good idea to give it a name now so that there isn't confusion between this variation and the original Trucolor?

Even if it is just a working title.

If additional variations are suggested it could get more confusing.

Or am I being too hasty?
Richard Gooderick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2008, 03:40 PM   #4
Go Cycle

Let's all see if it works first before we start naming the PRESET, otherwise I will just keep it on my personal SD card as TrucolorMOD as I already have the original downloaded as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Gooderick View Post
This seems like a useful contribution but I'm wondering if it is a good idea to give it a name now so that there isn't confusion between this variation and the original Trucolor?

Even if it is just a working title.

If additional variations are suggested it could get more confusing.

Or am I being too hasty?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders