Premiere CS3 fix for A1 24F/P in release 3.2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old April 22nd, 2008, 08:40 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Premiere CS3 fix for A1 24F/P in release 3.2

A new release of Premiere CS3 (3.2) fixes several 24 FPS problems including thinking Canon 24F is 30F:

http://www.adobe.com/support/documen...3_2_ReadMe.pdf
Old April 22nd, 2008, 11:17 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I was extremely happy when I heard this and updated my Premiere Pro to 3.2. I had always wondered why premiere required me to always render my 24f footage and wouldn't treat it the same as a 60i capture would.

Thanks adobe.
Old April 22nd, 2008, 11:25 PM   #3
Inner Circle

More than that! This release also detect drop out and insert RED frames into the footage to aware the user where drop out occurs. I already see that red frames on the timeline. I need to check also if the audio unsync is fixed after the drop out too.
Old May 8th, 2008, 01:31 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Boy, this messed the heck out of a few projects I'm on. I'd already been using the CS2 HDV 24F import template, which worked fine, but I'd had to compensate for a few dropouts by moving my audio back 01:06. Now, after updating, the audio is all offset forward by 01:06 in three projects. Oh, well. At least things should be cleaner from here forward.
Old May 8th, 2008, 07:48 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Does the update erase the temporary CS2 fix or is there anything you need to do first in order for it to work?

I had given up using the 24F on the canon because I was tired of the rendering.
Ryan Postel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders