DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   Sync edit problem HXA1 - HV20 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/122242-sync-edit-problem-hxa1-hv20.html)

Rene Brunken May 23rd, 2008 06:16 AM

Sync edit problem HXA1 - HV20

Has a anybody have experienced the following:
1 hour recording from HV20 mounted on tripod
and the same subject recorded on xha1 but many motion and handling while recording.
When loaded both tapes in editor ( catured hdv with hdvsplit ) it seems that after +/- 10 minutes both tracks grow out of sync.
I have done 2 cam recordings without sync problems but the difference was that both cams were steady mounted on tripod.
Does the motion of the cam effect the transport speed or recording of the tape?

Best regards
Rene Brunken

Bill Pryor May 23rd, 2008 09:58 AM

Moving a camera around has nothing to do with it. Could it be you recorded with the HV20 in 24p and the XHA1 in 60i or 30F? Or the XHA1 in 24f and the other in 60i?

Rene Brunken May 27th, 2008 03:02 AM

I always work in 25i (PAL) and frame settings on both are the same.

Have you ever tried moving around a spinning bycicle wheel, there are gyroscopic forces in effect. This could be the same in the camera.

Jon Spindler May 27th, 2008 11:51 AM

Sync Edit Problem A1-HV20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rene Brunken (Post 882049)
Has a anybody have experienced the following:
1 hour recording from HV20 mounted on tripod
and the same subject recorded on xha1 but many motion and handling while recording.
When loaded both tapes in editor ( catured hdv with hdvsplit ) it seems that after +/- 10 minutes both tracks grow out of sync.
I have done 2 cam recordings without sync problems but the difference was that both cams were steady mounted on tripod.
Does the motion of the cam effect the transport speed or recording of the tape?

Best regards
Rene Brunken

Rene,

We just finished a wedding using a HV20 (as B roll) and A1, the 20 was mounted to a tripod and was never moved during the cermony, the A1 while also mounted to a tripod was moved to different locations, I'm doing the post work now in Premier CS3 and had to use some of the audio from the HV20 to replace the audio from the A1, I had no problem with the sync through the entire timeline once I got it lined up correctly, in fact I was amazed at how easy it was to sync the two different cameras together, most of the work we do is racing events and mixing two cameras together isn't much of a issue in that type of venue....never had a issue like your describing, the wedding we shot was 4 hours of tape and none of it had the sync problem your having.

Jon Spindler
Spin-City Productions
www.dragtopia.com

Bo Sundvall May 28th, 2008 03:20 AM

Hi

Is it the picture or the sound that is out of sync?
How much difference is there, say after 10 minutes?

/Bo

Taky Cheung May 29th, 2008 01:45 AM

What software are you using? Are you happen to be using Premiere Pro CS3?

Erick Munari June 2nd, 2009 11:11 AM

On a similar issue,
I taped the wedding on the hv-20 (24p) and xhA1(24f). Captured with FCP 6.0.5.
Now I have to multicam both cameras, but the hv20 (24p turns into 29...) does not match the XH. I converted the hv20 footage to ProRes 24p, and then somehow when i multiclip both, the xh (24f) footage has 29. frames!!???!! How? Why? How do I keep that from happening. That of course de-synch the multiclip (23. on the hv and 29. on the xh). If my hair was longer I 'd had pulled it all!
Any suggestions?