Best Backpack Style Bags for A1? - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old August 4th, 2008, 11:56 AM   #46
Regular Crew

Backbacks are vulnreable to stealth pilfering on Buses, Subways..

I know backpacks are really more comfortable, but let me relate a story-- Russian metro (Subway) crowded, I am with a girl speaking English. Therefore, I'm a mark. I can't remember whether it was Moscow or St Pete.

I had a backpack on, a cheap one-- probably easier to open than a pro backpack-- with a Minolta x-370 in it, I loved the black anodization on that.

I barely felt anything, a slight touch to my back, I didn;t realize until I got off the train that i'd lost my camera.

I have a Pentax K-1000 now, nice camera but...

Anywhere you are going which will be be somewhere crowded, you will be distracted, in a rush, obviously not local........

I don't know the answer, but wearing the backpack on the front of your body when in public streets might be an answer.

I would try to think of it BEFORE you enter an urban/public area, once you're rushing, entering a crowded transport, you're already distracted and vulnerable.

Especially with a 3k camera, thy might quietly open the zipper between stops, just blatantly pull it out of your pack at a stop, jump off, and even though you know they did it... in Mexico city-- What will happen?
Alain Lumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2008, 01:48 PM   #47
Major Player

That's why Lowepro made the Flipside - the main opening is against your body, so it's difficult for anyone else to get into it.

According to message 21 on this thread, the A1 just about fits in the Flipside300.

http://products.lowepro.com/product/...00,2083,14.htm
Old August 4th, 2008, 02:51 PM   #48
New Boot

Thanks to you folks on this forum I purchased Flipside 300 and I love it. I definately recommend it to all of you looking for backpack for your A1.
As Annie already mentioned, it is impossible to open this bag when wearing it on your back. In other words there is no way to steal your gear on train or any other place without you notice it.
Viimar Lindau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2008, 02:51 PM   #49
Regular Crew

More entry-through-side-facing your-back backbacks

THanks for pointing out someone else must have learned the hard way and deisgned a backpack.

The Crumpler backpacks mentioned earlier also claim main compartments can only be entered easily through the side facing your back.

Someone couldtry to cut through the fabric, but with that heavy nylon stuff you'd probably realize something was going on.
Alain Lumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2008, 09:39 PM   #50
Wrangler

Cinebag CB-25 Revolution Backpack

I was pleasantly surprised when I checked out these backpacks today. They're a nice size for carry-on luggage, have decent pockets for accessories, space for a large laptop, and straps for a tripod. Can't say I'm thrilled with the color schemes, but I can live with it, I'll be picking one up tomorrow.
Old August 31st, 2008, 10:49 PM   #51
Regular Crew

Hey guys,

Has anyone tried the Canon Backpack 200EG? The inside specs seems to fit the A1. I just need a simple backpack to carry downtown. Seen here : Canon Deluxe Photo Backpack Bag 200EG EOS SLR Camera - eBay (item 360084109807 end time Sep-06-08 16:06:58 PDT)
Tony Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2008, 01:56 PM   #52
Regular Crew

Another great option is the Tamrac Expedition 8. As you can see enough space to bring whatever you want, and I don't have to dismantle the A1. In the front there is a compartment for a laptop, which I stuffed with some foam for even more protection. Zippers have covers for rain protection.

Also very comfortable to wear all day long. Not the cheapest one if you have to buy it new, but I got it almost new from internet.
Attached Thumbnails
Best Backpack Style Bags for A1?-img_1607.jpg   Best Backpack Style Bags for A1?-img_1610.jpg  

Best Backpack Style Bags for A1?-img_1618.jpg  
Winfried Dobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2008, 08:29 AM   #53
Regular Crew

I just received the Dakine Reload i do action sports video mostly skiing and snowboarding the bag is awesome hopefully everything on it is very well thought out.

DAKINE : RELOAD
Craig Stay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2008, 08:37 AM   #54
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Nguyen View Post
Hey guys,

Has anyone tried the Canon Backpack 200EG? The inside specs seems to fit the A1. I just need a simple backpack to carry downtown. Seen here : Canon Deluxe Photo Backpack Bag 200EG EOS SLR Camera - eBay (item 360084109807 end time Sep-06-08 16:06:58 PDT)
I have seen it at Best Buy it is WAY to small to cary XH A1
Craig Stay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2008, 06:05 PM   #55
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Stay View Post
I just received the Dakine Reload i do action sports video mostly skiing and snowboarding the bag is awesome hopefully everything on it is very well thought out.

DAKINE : RELOAD
Mind posting pictures of it all packed with gear? I may retire my 1510 Pelican for this bag.
Randy Panado is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders