shutter speed in spotlight mode. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old May 30th, 2008, 11:37 AM   #1
Major Player

shutter speed in spotlight mode.

Hi can anyone tell me please, is it possible to change the shutter speed whilst in spotlight mode?
The reason is I usually film in progressive mode 25f 1/50 shutter but i am looking to use spotlight mode for a fixed locked off camera but it would appear that the camera defaults to 1/25 shutter and that would render the 25f recording useless.
Any help would be appreciated or its back to 50i.
thanks john
John Estcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2008, 04:22 PM   #2
Major Player

John I don't think it's possible... I shoot everything on manual... Once you get used to it it is really easy...
Old June 10th, 2008, 03:12 AM   #3
Major Player

hi doug, I always shoot full manual but on this occasion i might need to run both cameras myself so i though spotlight mode would be the best option for the unattended one.
Ive never shot with 25p 1/25 ive always used 1/50 however the A1 defaults to 1/25 in auto (why?)
So i went out and filmed my daughters sports day using both 1/25 and 1/50 and the motion is fine as long as there are no fast pans which there wont be.Luckily there are 3 rehersals prior to the live shows so i can try it out.
otherwise im back to 50i, which i never use.
thanks john
John Estcourt is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders