Ballet at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old June 3rd, 2008, 06:52 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Ballet

My daughters are ballerinas, going to the summer program this year at ABT (American Ballet Theater = big deal!).

Here's an excerpt from this weekend's performance, shot on A1. At 21 minutes it's probably more than any but the most hardcore ballet fans (or dads of ballerinas) are interested in, but the camera does a pretty good job in the lighting.

http://exposureroom.com/members/jnel...f9cf0d13a368b/

Last edited by Jeff Nelson; June 3rd, 2008 at 09:46 PM.
Jeff Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2008, 08:36 PM   #2
New Boot

Jeff:

If you don't mind, what were your settings (camera, edits, etc.)? Footage looks excellent!.

Ray
Ray Johnston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2008, 09:26 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Hi Ray:

Shot 24p with vividrgb, or whatever that vivid one is that Steve Dempsey came up with, and +6 db gain throughout. Captured in FCP2, no color correction of any kind.
Old June 4th, 2008, 09:09 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Nice work Jeff, I enjoyed the ballet very much. Can't believe that there wasn't any ghosting with the 24p setting. What shutter speed did you use.

Don
Don Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2008, 11:40 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Hi Don: Just used shutter of 48, as I pretty much always do.

Here is more footage from the same day, a little montage of some of the other numbers:

http://exposureroom.com/members/jnel...a33022c316a88/
Old June 5th, 2008, 12:39 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Hv30

I picked up an HV30 a few weeks ago, just tried it this weekend. Still have to learn how this thing works, but it did not seem to like low light at all, at least in the 24p mode. I did some "Looks" work on it, and blasted in some yellow since that helped brighten a bit. But it's nice as a camera to use as a deck, and for some side stuff like this:

http://exposureroom.com/members/jnel...c73352636485a/
Jeff Nelson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders