canon mini HDV 63min professional tape - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old July 14th, 2008, 12:53 PM   #31
New Boot

My first shoot without any dropouts

I had my XH-A1 first shoot this past weekend without a single dropout. I had been using Panasonic AMQs since I got my XH-A1s in April/May of 2007. I can't tell you how relieved I am to not have any dropouts from the shoot this past weekend. I had sent both cameras in for repair with no success at the end of last year. I even had a drop out shooting SD which had NEVER happened on my old Sony DV cameras.

At any rate, the tapes I used are a rebranded Sony HDV tape. I believe it's the HDM63VG, which is only available as special order on BH, but my local dealer had them for less than $8 apiece.

I used to believe the most tape was tape, and that Sony tape was more expensive for the name. But after last weekend, I think I've finally settled on my new preference for tape stock. I know some guys have no issues with the AMQs, and maybe that has to do with the build revision of the XH-A1 or climate and such, but I hope this information gives hope and answeres some questions. I'd almost given up on this camera.
Dustin Svehlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2008, 01:18 PM   #32
Major Player

dustin, I too have recently had terrible results with pana amq tapes, 36 tapes used and only one tape with no drop outs.
I was begining to think it was my cameras.
ive now switched to sony tapes after running a head cleaner through both cameras.
fingers crossed all will be okay.
John Estcourt is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders