Microphone Help at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old June 24th, 2008, 11:59 AM   #1
Tourist

Microphone Help

I'm looking for the best valued wireless Lavalier microphone for weddings and other special events. B&H recommended Sennheiser Evolution G2 100 Series.

Any recommendations?
Aaron Moser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2008, 12:32 PM   #2
Major Player

Yes, that's widely considered to be the best value.
Old June 24th, 2008, 07:29 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Hi Aaron (great name)

Previously I was using a GiantSquid Mic with Iriver's, which was ok. But since grabbing my A1 I decided to just grab the Sennheiser and it's worth every penny. It's just a lot clearer sound, and a bit easier to work with.

All of your tools are investments, and used correctly will (literally) pay back 10 fold
Old June 25th, 2008, 12:00 AM   #4
Major Player

I have the Sennheiser EW100 G2, and it's very good all-around. However, if you need to run more than one wireless, and cost is a concern, look at the Samson Airline. Light weight, high quality unit. Not as full featured, but almost half the cost, and still definately worth looking at.
Steve Wolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2008, 12:23 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Hi Steve.................

I'm starting to come across as the DVinfo Secret Service here, I'm not, as there isn't one (well, if there is, it's probably called CH).

Could you, pretty please, click on "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page and update your "wheretheheckamI" stuff?

It is so disconcerting, especially for those of us "offshore", to not know where a poster is from.

BTW, CH, when you next do an update, is there any chance that "wheretheheckamI" stuff gets carried over into the info available on the "post" page.

With my memory, or lack thereof, someone can post from Mars, and by the time I've got into the second sentence of a reply, I've forgotten where the heck they are (I know, sad, early onset Alzheimers, or just plain too damn old).

[Editors Note: Could have something to do with those four "giant killer" G & T's before starting on the Vino, you old soak.]

Gee, thank ED!

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2008, 12:26 AM   #6
Regular Crew

I bought the Azden 320 dual channel wireless from BH although I just checked out their site and it says discontinued... not sure about that, it was just announced last year. It's great and I love it.

http://www.videomaker.com/article/13561/
David Thanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2008, 12:38 AM   #7
Regular Crew

AZDEN 100UPR reciever and 10BT transmitter

We use these Azden products as well as the sennheizers and have found in most cases there is little difference in sound. (and the Azdens cost almost 1/2). We have sense upgraded to countrymen mics and it's gotten even better sound with both systems.
Steve Porchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2008, 03:18 AM   #8
Major Player

Regarding all Azden products... I've always wondered why the heck they all have to be so much heavier/bulkier than competitors products.
Bill Busby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2008, 07:13 AM   #9
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Wolla View Post
...if you need to run more than one wireless, and cost is a concern, look at the Samson Airline. Light weight, high quality unit. Not as full featured, but almost half the cost, and still definately worth looking at.
We're running our installation videos with a Samson Airline unit. It was, as Steve mentioned, only about $250 and it's worked fine for us. Now, it's only 1 channel, so I'd have to buy another unit to have two mics, but it's a great, inexpensive option for us.

Sample: http://exposureroom.com/members/Will...b63cac45d8eb8/

Shout out to Zotz Digital (found on the sponsor's page here.) Tom helped me with the whole buying process and recommended some great products that are working out for us, including the Samson Airline unit. (Not knocking B&H, but I've never ordered from there.)
Will Mahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2008, 08:42 AM   #10
Regular Crew

I use the Sony UWP C series wireless systems. They are very light weight and are dual diversity. I shot a wedding in a large church and found even through walls they worked flawlessly. I have never had a problem with them. One caveat though Sony pulls this proprietary BS on many of their products so typically I avoid them as much as possible.
Guy Shaddock is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders