Clear Scan Question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old July 3rd, 2008, 12:35 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Clear Scan Question

So I need to shoot a monitor with my Xh-A1 at 24p. I tested shooted my Apple Cinema Display and tried clear scan and then shooting with a 1/48 shutter speed. Both efforts looked the same to me.

When the screen hits the perfect focus point there are vertical lines that are sometime radial but mostly vertical. (When it is a not quite in focus they are not there).

When I import the footage into Final Cut the lines are much worse. When I view the footage on a tv straight from the camera it looks a lot better.

I am confused.
James Klatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2008, 01:38 PM   #2
Major Player

Clearscan's purpose is for shooting CRT's not LCD screens.
Bill Busby is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders