My first post and help needed - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old July 20th, 2008, 08:39 AM   #16
Regular Crew

I am using roxio creator 10 that I bought from ebay for a full liscenced copy which I have updated online and I didnt have to do anything, I simply plugged in the canon too the firewire and it automatically recognised it, no setting up or anything.
So far ive only taken footage from the tape and done no editing but its looking good so far.
Jayson Corcoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2008, 09:02 AM   #17
Major Player

Avid Liquid 7.2 works with the Canon HV20 and XH-A1 without problems, but only using the "Logging Tool". The so-called "EZCapture" is for DV only (no HDV cameras will work with it.

If you use a 3rd-party capture tool, such as HDVSplit, Liquid gives you the option to copy the footage to one of Liquid's internal files or link to the original footage, thus saving quite a lot of space, at the potential expense of a little performance. I use link all the time and it works well, provided you don't move or rename the original file. If you do change the name or location of the originals, you must re-link the clips in Liquid, but you don't have to re-import.

I've not tried it myself, but I'm told Liquid handles 24P, 25P, 24F and 25F footage without problems, too.

HTH

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders