FCP 6 video settings at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old July 16th, 2008, 07:19 AM   #1
New Boot

FCP 6 video settings

I'm very new to FCP. I have some footage in the XHA1 at 24fps. I'm a little confused as to the settings I should use for the Sequence Preset. Right now I have it set for Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) 1920x108024p. Is this correct?

I did have it set for 60i, but when I exported it to Quicktime and compressed it for Vimeo, it looks pretty jumpy. I think I had the framerate messed up. Thanks.
Richard Lozano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2008, 07:45 AM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Lozano View Post
I'm very new to FCP. I have some footage in the XHA1 at 24fps. I'm a little confused as to the settings I should use for the Sequence Preset. Right now I have it set for Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) 1920x108024p. Is this correct?

I did have it set for 60i, but when I exported it to Quicktime and compressed it for Vimeo, it looks pretty jumpy. I think I had the framerate messed up. Thanks.
Variables: did you shoot with regular or advanced pulldown ? did you capture the footage as ProRes or as HDV? what settings did you use on the QT export?
Old July 16th, 2008, 07:51 AM   #3
Contributor

If you shot HDV 24F, all you have to do is use the HDV1080P24 Easy Setup. Make sure your sequence settings match. If when you drop a clip into the timeline and it wants to render, then they're not matching. Do it right and it will not need to render for viewing and editing but will when you export the final program. When you do export, do not deinterlace, since it's not interlaced when captured and edited.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2008, 10:58 AM   #4
New Boot

Thanks. I did deinterlace and I also had the sequence set at 60i instead of 24p. I'll change those two things.
Richard Lozano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2008, 10:00 AM   #5
New Boot

This feels like kind of a dumb question, but sometimes when I capture, a window pops up and I can set the in and out points. Other times it just pulls up a small dialogue box and asks me to name the clip. Anyone know how to control this? Thank you.
Richard Lozano is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders