DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   hit and run on motorcycle (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/126060-hit-run-motorcycle.html)

Janson Williams July 16th, 2008 08:44 AM

hit and run on motorcycle

hey gents, about 6 weeks ago i was ran over by an suv, they ran a stop sign, i seen the white suv, laid down my r6 onto the left side and the last thing i remember was seeing the front axle on my left and the rear axle on my right, i gained full consciousness in the ER where they were cleaning my left arm of roadrash, as of then, that was the only injuries i sustained, now i am having neck and wrist problems which are being looked at, anyways,

why is this in this forum, i was riding with my a1, i had it in a canon backpack,

i once awoke while everyone was hovering over me on the street, i was asking about my ride and my camera, they said that my backpack was messed up, but check this, camera had no marks on it, they showed it, and i said turn it around, show me the lens, turn it on for me please, they did, and everything worked fine, was so fortunate for that b/c later i found out my insurance wouldnt cover losses other than my bike, my bikes whole front end was missing, as in when i received the bike back to my garage, i was given nothing that was in the front, either they gone missing, or they were in tiny pieces and swept up, the suv ran over my head and im guessing the front of the bike, my helmet has tire marks on it, and i only assume that i was ran over b/c i was unconscious.

the funny thing is, i am missing my lens cap, i was wondering if anyone knew where i can purchased the exact one or a proper replacement lens cap that you have used,

thanks for reading
janson

Gary Brun July 16th, 2008 09:33 AM

I would write to Canon and tell them your story... I'm sure they'll give you one for free :)
You are very fortunate... just missing a lens cap... could have been your life.

Nate Haustein July 16th, 2008 09:50 AM

Glad you're ok Janson.

Now about the lenscap. If you call up Canon accessories, the # is in the owner's manual, ask them to transfer you to the parts department. Tell them your camera model and what part you need. Lenscaps are $13 plus $7 shipping, so it's basically a $20 piece of plastic. I lost mine a while ago, got a new one, and now have lost it again. :)

Chris Hurd July 16th, 2008 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nate Haustein (Post 908155)
If you call up Canon accessories,

The phone number is 1-800-OKCANON -- also try 1-800-828-4040

Allan Black July 17th, 2008 04:57 AM

Can't understand that Janson, the nicest people live in Tucson, we're restoring a Convair 340 out at the Pima Air Museum. Must have been someone from out of town, glad you're Ok.

But keep watch, any spells go get checked out, keep a shower cap on the cam till the other cap gets there.

Cheers.