DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   Seattle area A1 meet (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/126523-seattle-area-a1-meet.html)

Matt OBrien July 23rd, 2008 01:22 PM

Seattle area A1 meet

Hey everyone, I hope this isn't a completely wrong area for this thread, but how would you Seattle area A1/G1/XL-H1 users/videographers feel about meeting up sometime, grabbing some food, talking shop, possibly shooting at a common location? I think it'd be a great opportunity to network and learn something new about these beasts.

Thanks everyone, have a great day.

Mike Flynn July 23rd, 2008 03:10 PM

Yeah I would probably be down. Just post when and where when you figure it out.

Austin Dickson July 23rd, 2008 06:11 PM

I might be down for that. It seems like a good idea, although a bit weird. I'll also be waiting for the when/where before I make a decision.

Matt OBrien July 24th, 2008 02:58 AM

Well I don't want it to be strange to anyone, just figured "hey car guys get together all the time, why don't we give it a try." I'm flexible schedule wise, would you guys prefer the weekend? I'm thinking a Saturday within the next month or so.

William Boehm July 24th, 2008 08:47 AM

Weekends might be difficult for me, as i am usually out with the family camping and shooting.

Bill, Bothell, WA

Chris Hurd July 24th, 2008 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt OBrien (Post 911256)
...just figured "hey car guys get together all the time, why don't we give it a try."

The appeal to the car people is that each car is at least a little different than the other, and the cars are usually ongoing projects which change over time... giving car people a good excuse to get together and exchange ideas, see each other's progress, etc.

You don't get that with camcorders so much. Sure, each rig might be a little different than the next, but the "ongoing project" aspect of this lies not with the gear, but what you're doing with it. I think you'll get a bigger draw if it's a "share your work" type of get together where you show each other some of the stuff you've been creating. If you want to limit that to just Canon XH folks, that's fine, but you'll probably get a bigger draw if you take away that limitation and open it up to all locals.

Matt OBrien July 24th, 2008 10:44 AM

Good call Chris. Seattle area DV meetup, bring your rig, bring some footage? This is all a new idea to me too to feedback is appreciated.

Luke Ross July 30th, 2008 10:51 PM

I am from Portland, but my parents live in seattle so any excuse to go up for the weekend would be great. Let me know when you guys are meeting (If you dont mind a portlandite), and I may be willing to make the trip. On a side note, I will be up there on Orcis Island August 15-18 weekend. Let me know if something comes together.

David Thanh August 22nd, 2008 03:59 PM

Are there any good (video) stores to check out in the Seattle area?

Matt OBrien August 25th, 2008 12:39 AM

Glazer's Camera is always fun.