Seattle area A1 meet at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old July 23rd, 2008, 01:22 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Seattle area A1 meet

Hey everyone, I hope this isn't a completely wrong area for this thread, but how would you Seattle area A1/G1/XL-H1 users/videographers feel about meeting up sometime, grabbing some food, talking shop, possibly shooting at a common location? I think it'd be a great opportunity to network and learn something new about these beasts.

Thanks everyone, have a great day.
Matt OBrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2008, 03:10 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Yeah I would probably be down. Just post when and where when you figure it out.
Mike Flynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2008, 06:11 PM   #3
New Boot

I might be down for that. It seems like a good idea, although a bit weird. I'll also be waiting for the when/where before I make a decision.
Austin Dickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2008, 02:58 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Well I don't want it to be strange to anyone, just figured "hey car guys get together all the time, why don't we give it a try." I'm flexible schedule wise, would you guys prefer the weekend? I'm thinking a Saturday within the next month or so.
Old July 24th, 2008, 08:47 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Weekends might be difficult for me, as i am usually out with the family camping and shooting.

Bill, Bothell, WA
William Boehm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2008, 09:11 AM   #6
Obstreperous Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt OBrien View Post
...just figured "hey car guys get together all the time, why don't we give it a try."
The appeal to the car people is that each car is at least a little different than the other, and the cars are usually ongoing projects which change over time... giving car people a good excuse to get together and exchange ideas, see each other's progress, etc.

You don't get that with camcorders so much. Sure, each rig might be a little different than the next, but the "ongoing project" aspect of this lies not with the gear, but what you're doing with it. I think you'll get a bigger draw if it's a "share your work" type of get together where you show each other some of the stuff you've been creating. If you want to limit that to just Canon XH folks, that's fine, but you'll probably get a bigger draw if you take away that limitation and open it up to all locals.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2008, 10:44 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Good call Chris. Seattle area DV meetup, bring your rig, bring some footage? This is all a new idea to me too to feedback is appreciated.
Old July 30th, 2008, 10:51 PM   #8
Regular Crew

I am from Portland, but my parents live in seattle so any excuse to go up for the weekend would be great. Let me know when you guys are meeting (If you dont mind a portlandite), and I may be willing to make the trip. On a side note, I will be up there on Orcis Island August 15-18 weekend. Let me know if something comes together.
Old August 22nd, 2008, 03:59 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Are there any good (video) stores to check out in the Seattle area?
David Thanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2008, 12:39 AM   #10
Regular Crew

Glazer's Camera is always fun.
Matt OBrien is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders