DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   XH Custom Presets Download Library (copy) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/126811-xh-custom-presets-download-library-copy.html)

Bill Busby February 22nd, 2007 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Mody
As I see it, the images should look more like:

I agree. I always thought they seemed on the dark side, but thought it might be my monitor on this netbox, but then someone else mentioned it as well, & now you :)

Bill

Graham Westfield February 24th, 2007 06:14 PM

XH Custom Presets - camera does not see presets?

Hello Chris,
The presets you posted cannot be seen by my XHA1. I have followed your instruction (ie I used the presets folder that was on the memory card when I initialized it) to house your presets that I downloaded. I then put the card in the camera but the card to icon symbol is constantly grayed out?
Hence I have yet to look at any presets of yours. Have I missed something ? I assume I can go via Mac in all of this with SD multi card reader. All other preset activity in camera is fine except anything being read off the card by the camera.

Any advice help very much appreciated !

Thnks graham

Larry Vaughn February 24th, 2007 09:22 PM

Dell 2405 monitor

I have the slightly older version of the Dell 24" flat panel monitor. It works as an external XH-A1 monitor without having the need to be connected to any computer. Just plug it into the wall outlet. I use it with my I-mac with the mini DVI adapter I bought at the Apple store.

I could use it connected to my XP box as well, at the same time, by pressing the button that switches the input from d-sub to dvi-d to s-video to composite to component.

By the way, the monitor power supply makes a very high pitched whine when it has been on for awhile. You don't hear it unless you are in a very quite area. Still.....

Larry Vaughn February 24th, 2007 09:32 PM

Richard Hunter's preset movie

Did this get posted somewhere?

Gareth Trezise February 25th, 2007 03:30 PM

[QUOTE=Graham Westfield]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Hurd
Here are eighteen downloadable Custom Preset files for the Canon XH A1 and G1 camcorders.

Hello Chris,
The presets you posted cannot be seen by my XHA1. I have followed your instruction (ie I used the presets folder that was on the memory card when I initialized it) to house your presets that I downloaded. I then put the card in the camera but the card to icon symbol is constantly grayed out?
Hence I have yet to look at any presets of yours. Have I missed something ? I assume I can go via Mac in all of this with SD multi card reader. All other preset activity in camera is fine except anything being read off the card by the camera.

Any advice help very much appreciated !

Thnks graham

I had same problem, even following Howards advice on page one. In the end I just manually created the presets in the camera and when ran out of room copied them to SD card. I then did the same with the rest etc, overriding the ones on the camera until eventually I had all of them on the SD card. All seems to work then! Now I can pick & choose which ones to copy over to camera. Long way of going about it but all good fun getting to know your camera.

G

Rob Claisse February 26th, 2007 03:02 AM

Graham - this probably isn't your problem, but when I first tried to use the presets I created a folder on the memory card called "Presets" which didn't work - the correct name is the singular "Preset". Might help?

Chris Hurd February 26th, 2007 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Claisse
The correct name is the singular "Preset".

Must be in all caps: PRESET

Gareth Trezise February 26th, 2007 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Hurd
Must be in all caps: PRESET

I will have to admit I must have done it wrong. Even though I went around it the very long way I decided still to try the original instructions again & it does work. Maybe I didn't originally have the folder name in uppercase, who knows!

G

Graham Westfield February 28th, 2007 11:57 AM

PRESET heaven !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Claisse (Post 632084)
Graham - this probably isn't your problem, but when I first tried to use the presets I created a folder on the memory card called "Presets" which didn't work - the correct name is the singular "Preset". Might help?

Thankyou 'everyone' for you contributions! Yes it is meant to read PRESET and not presets . . . . . . . . . . . . . Heaven !

G

Piotr Wozniacki March 3rd, 2007 09:40 AM

As some of you guys know, after having tested the A1 for a couple of weeks I am now giving the fixed Sony V1E another chance. Putting its own problems aside, I love its vivid colours and sharp look without too much EE. Hence the question: did anyone succeede to aproximate that kind of picture with an XH preset? If so, could you please post the settings?

If somebody did try but couldn't do it, please share your experience as well...TIA!

Steven Dempsey March 6th, 2007 04:24 PM

New Dvx Look Preset

1 Attachment(s)
I've created this and it will probably need work. It looked pretty good right next to my DVX. I'm calling it DISDVX__

I may do additional work on it.

Chris Hurd March 6th, 2007 06:01 PM

Thanks for submitting this Steven,

I'll get it worked into the Excel spread sheet tonight hopefully. And I believe there are several other presets floating around in other threads that need to be gathered up and included here.

Jerome Cloninger March 7th, 2007 01:20 PM

Close match to Sony HC1 Preset

I've had a few email requests for the preset I used to match closely to the Sony HC1. Thought I'd share it here if anyone is interested.

Note, all I did was make a color chart with sample paint chips on a black poster board and previewed it on a monitor via both A1 and HC1 by switching back and forth till the appeared the same. Of course the A1 kicks butt on details and other aspects, but the colors appear similar.

Sony HC1 settings were Camera Color: +2 Camera Sharpness: +2

Working on a low light preset now...

http://www.jcdv.com/PRESET/PRESET20.CPF
I called it HC1day

Barry Richard March 8th, 2007 09:14 AM

has anyone attempted to make a PRESET to match a Sony PD170 (PD150, VX2100, VX2000 etc) ??

I'll be doing a 2 camera with one, and I want to make the XHA1 look as close as possible

Meryem Ersoz March 8th, 2007 12:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
i'm going to try to upload a preset using the DVinfo uploader.

the title is MEMORY, we're using it for a flashback scene. it's basically a yellow bleach bypass, for those of you familiar with Juan Diaz' bleach bypass, his is very blue-green, we were looking for something different. it looks really cool if you blow out the highlights a bit....

eureka, seems like it worked....