DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   XH Custom Presets Download Library (copy) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/126811-xh-custom-presets-download-library-copy.html)

Bill Busby March 15th, 2007 02:48 AM

Dark examples mystery solved

Not that it matters really, but this just occured to me why Chris's examples on page 1 of this thread were so dark. He must have been in Card mode rather than Tape mode.

I noticed a while back that Card mode is considerably darker & then read somewhere that it's supposedly optimized for stills.

Bill

Larry Chapman March 15th, 2007 09:22 AM

Presets 5 & 7 swapped?

I'm just loading up my new A1 with these presets and I think numbers 5 & 7 are swapped. The posted descriptions don't match the name the camera gives me when I go to import them card->camera.

Bill Busby March 15th, 2007 09:29 AM

Yea, it's only the descriptions, but then again they are swapped on the photo examples on page 1 of this thread as well.

Bill

Chris Hurd March 15th, 2007 09:58 AM

Sorry fellows, it's a work in progress. Obviously I have some serious work to do regarding this thread. The pics were *not* shot in card mode; they're dark because it was indoors in the middle of the night. I'll re-do those as well. Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated...

Bill Busby March 15th, 2007 01:30 PM

Dang! Sorry Chris. I stand corrected.

And here I thought I figured out something.

Bill

Steven Dempsey March 16th, 2007 03:35 PM

VividRGB

2 Attachment(s)
Here's my new preset based on demand for more vivid colors. I developed one earlier (the windmill shots in this thread) but it fell apart in lighting that was not full sunlight so I had to start from scratch.

I used Panalook as my starting reference and built up from there. The colors are much more intense than Panalook and may appeal to those looking for more of a punch. I haven't had time to do a spreadsheet on this so I'm sorry for those who need that.

I'm including a quick still out the window of my office using this preset in slightly diffused sunlight and also the CPF preset itself. I'm calling it VIVIDRGB.

I have waited and waited for a sunny day here in Seattle but with no luck so the example below is not ideal, the sky was pretty bright and I didn't have a graduated ND filter at hand. If I had, you could see how intense the blue sky is.

I have not tested this for noise or sharpness and in all lighting conditions so tweak it as you like.

Chris Hurd March 16th, 2007 04:02 PM

Awesome, thanks a bunch Steven -- I can work up the SpreadSheet but I need to add all the other presets that have been submitted since Vol. I of the download library. There must be six or seven of 'em floating around here somewhere... many thanks,

John Benton March 16th, 2007 05:28 PM

Thanks Chris -
I always love Steven's Panavision, so I can't wait for you to excell it!
Gracias Muchos

Chris Hurd March 16th, 2007 05:35 PM

Hey John, don't you have a couple of presets you shared here once or twice before, that didn't make it into Vol. I?

Meryem Ersoz March 16th, 2007 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Duggins (Post 641976)
Can you type it out? I can't read a CPF file and am interested in your yellow bleach-bypass preset.

hi jim: it's loaded into my office computer/camera, so it'll take me a bit of time, since i've been stuck working at home for a couple of days, but i'm happy to do it.

steven: i can't wait to try this out. it sounds promising! thanks for all your contributions.

John Benton March 16th, 2007 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Hurd (Post 643009)
Hey John, don't you have a couple of presets you shared here once or twice before, that didn't make it into Vol. I?

yep.
I will write them out by hand again - I don't have a card reader so can't upload those files,
but I'll write them out & post them again (with more)

Thanks,

Steven Dempsey March 17th, 2007 06:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the settings for VIVIDRGB in an Excel spreadsheet

John Benton March 17th, 2007 09:36 AM

Steven,
Excellent !
a few questions ... as you know the H1's menu only goes to +9
so for your 10 I put 4
for your 15 I put 6
for your 25 I put 9

The one thing I worrk about is the RED munching the H1 loves to do,
is this better on the A1/G1?

Thanks for all your insight
J

Meryem Ersoz March 17th, 2007 05:01 PM

for jim:

MEMORY

Color Matrix Cine 1
Color Gain -41
Red Gain 10
Blue Gain -50
Color Phase 9

and those are the only changes. i'm sure this could benefit from more time spent with it, especially in terms of playing with the blacks. but i set this up on the first day i had the camera. it's not bad, for what it is....

Lino Miniello March 19th, 2007 07:24 AM

vividrgb

thanks a lot Steven for vividrgb. Very nice!