DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   XH Custom Presets Download Library (copy) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/126811-xh-custom-presets-download-library-copy.html)

Tom Roper April 10th, 2007 04:48 PM

I love this preset also and will use it often. I deviated only in that I use it with the Normal gamma, but it captures beautiful color with that too. Well done Steven!

David McGiffert April 10th, 2007 11:23 PM

Nice going Steven,
this is a great preset.
I agree about this being a starting point
should anyone want to further tweak it.
All presets should be starting points.

One of the special qualities of this camera
is that it allows for a huge variety of changes
in the color characteristics.

Thanks everyone who contributed to these presets,
you have benefited us all...

David

David Robinson April 11th, 2007 01:05 PM

Silly question but...I cann't find a link to Juan's silver bleach bypass cpf !?

Phil Kay April 12th, 2007 02:49 AM

Just type 'bleach bypass preset' into the search and its there. I used it yesterday and it's excellent. I think to get the best from it you need to overexpose by as much as 2 stops.

Tom Roper April 13th, 2007 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil Kay (Post 658766)
I think to get the best from it you need to overexpose by as much as 2 stops.

Nice tip!!

Christopher Kuhn April 14th, 2007 10:30 AM

VIVIDRGB - This is one great preset, thanks a lot Steven, excellent work, thanks for sharing it!
Chris

Phil Kay April 16th, 2007 06:46 AM

I've used that bleach bypass preset for a short film and it looks fantastic!

Outside you only need to over-expose a little bit,inside,as I said by as much as 2 stops. I also added a light blue filter for an overall colour cast. I'll post some grabs when I've finished it.

Jan-Arden Petersen April 19th, 2007 10:38 AM

Can't see presets above 20

I loaded all the presents in the PRESET folder. When scrolling through the presets on the SD card the A1 only allows me to select from 20. The presets numbered above 20 don't appear on the card even though I know I have 21, 22, 25 and 30 on the card. Is there another proceedure I'm missing?

Thanks

Jan-Arden Petersen

Kipjaz Savoie April 19th, 2007 05:41 PM

I've been banging my head against this very same problem and I think I found the answer... The A1 is limited to 20 presets, but it is ALSO limited to the numbers "1" through "20" for those presets. Meaning, presets numbered as 21, 22, 23, 30, etc. will not show up.

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong, but this seems to be the answer.

Good luck.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan-Arden Petersen (Post 663286)
I loaded all the presents in the PRESET folder. When scrolling through the presets on the SD card the A1 only allows me to select from 20. The presets numbered above 20 don't appear on the card even though I know I have 21, 22, 25 and 30 on the card. Is there another proceedure I'm missing?

Thanks

Jan-Arden Petersen

Jose Ramada April 20th, 2007 04:36 PM

In fact A1 is limited to 20 presets and also to the numbers 1 to 20. In practice this means that even you change the preset number by a name (ex. mypreset.cpf instead preset21.cpf) A1 will not recognize it.

Trish Kerr April 21st, 2007 03:36 PM

I ended up printing a page with all the presets listed with name/number and description that I carry around in the camera bag for reference.

I also ran into the number limitation and just renamed the presets higher than 20 to a lower number, and put a few of the overflow into the camera preset section, which has 9. (but 7-9 are locked)

So you can have 29 presets in total I believe. (if you count the locked 7-9)

Trish

Chris Hurd April 21st, 2007 05:38 PM

The trick is to carry around a second SD card containing another volume of twenty presets.

David McGiffert April 22nd, 2007 12:55 AM

Gad
it's embarrising how smart some of the
little quips you come up with are Chris...lol.

That was a good one.

All the best,

David

Christoph Wieczorek April 24th, 2007 09:34 AM

hello,
i have found another preset...made with a vectorscope.

http://www.fxsupport.de/20.html

i will compare it to steven's vividrgb.

Alastair Brown April 27th, 2007 03:20 PM

I don't seem to be alone in having problems loading the vivid preset. I only have 18 on the SD card at present and they all load fine. Even if I rename Vivid to 01 instead of 30 it still doesn't load.

Any Ideas?