I'm New - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old July 31st, 2008, 02:40 PM   #16
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron Santo View Post
Currently I’m using Sonar 6 Producer Edition for about 95% audio recording and 100% MIDI sequencing. Now if I have serious notation to do I'll use Finale. The remaining 5% of the time I’ll use Acid Pro 6 if I’m working with loops but that is only in the compositional stages. For mastering Sound Forge 9 and to many plugins to keep track of. Ha ha …………….

I cannot even remember all of the recording medians I’ve used through the years. I do remember starting my mastering using the first Finalizer when it hit the market. Currently my Finalizer is used on my bands PA system.

Oh, and all of this is running on a custom Sweetwater Creation Station PC.
Thanks for that, Byron. Oh well, you should be well prepared for all the issues that come with video NLEs :-)
Colin McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2008, 03:10 PM   #17
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McDonald View Post
Thanks for that, Byron. Oh well, you should be well prepared for all the issues that come with video NLEs :-)
actually I'm using two differnt NLE's, Vegas Pro 8 & Adobe Premiere Pro CS3. I started on Vegas then switched over the PP a couple of months ago. Vegas didn't quite fit the workflow I was use to in Sonar, I'm real heavy in to automation and the key framing functionality of Vegas IMO is somewhat limited but I do prefer Vegas when working with MPEG files cause I find it processes the MPEG compression, i.e. the GOP's easier the PP. So I use both.
Byron Santo is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders