DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   Trouble with capturing with HV30 shot with A1 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/127340-trouble-capturing-hv30-shot-a1.html)

J.J. Kim August 4th, 2008 09:00 AM

Trouble with capturing with HV30 shot with A1

Hello, guys.
Always great thanks to everyone who takes thier time to help.
I just got HV30 as a deck (to playback And capture).
I shot wedding with both, A1=main, HV30=steady and HV30's quality was better than I thought.
Now I am back at my office and trying to capture with HV30.
First thing first. I am using vista home premium 64bit with adobe premiere cs3.
I am capturing through firewire and I can only capture with A1 for tapes that I shot with A1. I shot the wholething on both camera 1080i 24P. When I try to capture with HV30, the capture window gives me "can't activate the camera, try to reset it" then I changed the settings on premiere to capture HDV, then I started to have control over the camera but no image being captured on computer. it's playing, but black screen.
I bought HV30 to save A1's head for capturing, so I really hope I can make this work.
I tried to change output setting on HV30 to AV-DV on and off, but no luck.
I am currently capturing with my A1 for now, but if any of you can help me out, I would greatly appreciate, guys!
Thank you!!!

JJ

Tripp Woelfel August 4th, 2008 07:52 PM

Don't know if this is the key to your problem, but I remember reading that the 24p modes on the A1 and HV30 are different animals. My rememberer may not be as good as it once was because I'm old.

If you do some searching on this and the HV30 forum you may turn up the truth and some helpful tips.

The HV30 is a neat little cam. Great images, intuitive controls and pretty good image customization capabilities. If it had a proper focus ring around the lens it would be as close to perfect as you might get in a palmcorder.

Bill Pryor August 4th, 2008 08:59 PM

The XH A1's 24f mode in HDV is different from the pulldown mode of the HV30, but the HV30 will play back the XH A1's 24 and 30f modes fine. I don't know if the HV30 has switchable playback modes as the XH A1 does; if so, it may be different and have to be changed manually from what it is when it was plugged into the computer. I don't know anything about Premiere, but with FCP you have to unplug the camera from the computer before changing the playback mode (always shut the camera off first).

J.J. Kim August 4th, 2008 09:48 PM

thank you for your help.
24f shows on the monitor on HV30 when I play 24f from A1, but computer reads nothing...
hm.. maybe I will post this on HV30 forum and see if I get some help there as well.
thanks, guys!

JJ

Kees van Duijvenbode August 5th, 2008 12:59 AM

I follow the same procedure as you do, shoot weddings with an A1 and a HV30 and I also use my HV30 to capture all the tapes. I never had a problem with that.
But I shoot "normal" 50i and use Vegas as NLE.

Hubert Duijzer August 5th, 2008 12:49 PM

Same here, but i use an HV20 and shoot in 25F (PAL region).

J.J. Kim August 5th, 2008 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kees van Duijvenbode (Post 916607)
I follow the same procedure as you do, shoot weddings with an A1 and a HV30 and I also use my HV30 to capture all the tapes. I never had a problem with that.
But I shoot "normal" 50i and use Vegas as NLE.

well... i finally figured out.. somewhat....
I have to set the capture setting to HDV capture, not DV... even I change AV-> DV on camera, I have to have the HDV setting on Premiere, and it captures on .mpeg file... true HDV... so I guess I can't downcovert with HV30 for the footage that shot with A1...