XH-A1/Letus Extreme and HBO at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old August 26th, 2008, 09:10 AM   #1
New Boot

XH-A1/Letus Extreme and HBO

Last May, two friends and I made a fake trailer for a film called "Five Towns." We shot it on my Canon XH-A1 and Letus Extreme. We made this as an homage to our favorite show, HBO's Entourage. I posted the link to my video here, and it was pretty well received, and we were all happy with how it turned out.

About 2 weeks ago, I went to check my email and I opened one that said:

"Hi Scott,

I work in Marketing at HBO. We are developing a new "Livin' It" feature on the Entourage page at HBO.com where we'll be featuring a fan. We have been on the search for a kick-ass first fan, and we think you are it. Your Five Towns trailer is amazing!! Can you email me and we can talk some more about it?

Look forward to hearing from you."

I immediately started freaking out. At first, I didn't believe it. I emailed them back, and they responded quickly. HBO called me the next day with more details of what would happen. They said that they would link my video and some information about me to their website. They also said that they had been on the search for something like this for months, and had watched close to 5000 videos. They chose my video, and the cool thing was I didn't submit it to anything. They found me.

I feel very fortunate to have this happen to me, and I wanted to let the forum know about it.

If you wish to check it out, please go here: HBO: Entourage: Community

Thank you guys so much,
Scott Murphy
Scott Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2008, 11:30 AM   #2
Contributor

Congratulations!
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2008, 11:35 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Wow that's awesome and inspiring!! Congrats!
Curtis Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2008, 12:32 PM   #4
Inner Circle

That is just amazing coincidental luck! Congrats! I only know of one other person that had nearly the same luck as you: Genevieve Ip (Simon Fraser University student) and her internship as a Video Editor at NBC because of her "Domo Arigato, Mr.Scotto" The Office tribute on Youtube.
Jack Zhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2008, 03:27 PM   #5
Major Player

Good work...you never know... try and get involved with the real shoot????
Jonathan Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2008, 06:26 PM   #6
New Boot

thanks guys for the positive comments.
Scott Murphy is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders