Ok here's a subjective preset question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old August 26th, 2008, 05:08 PM   #1
Major Player

Ok here's a subjective preset question

Hey Guys,
I have a subjective preset question and want to see if you guys can help me decide what to do. I have been using primarily 2 presets since my relationship with the A1 has begun. Here's my totally non scientific question. When I use VividRGB the picture looks a lot more "HDish" than if I use Trucolor. I like alot of aspects of trucolor and what I can do with it in post, especially in dark situations but I miss that real "HDishy" kind of look. Is there a good middle ground preset that has the HD look but with the lattitude of trucolor. Is this all to do with sharpness or are the other parameters a factor? Thanks in advance for your help. btw I get too wrapped up in shooting usually to constantly be changing presets so I am looking for one I can use all day...
Bill
Bill Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2008, 12:22 AM   #2
Major Player

Try Panalook2. I film mostly dark skin ppl and the two presets that i used the most are vivid and panalook2. If it is too redish i knock the reds in the post.
Kiflom Bahta is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders