DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   A1 SD Bboyin (breakdancing) clip (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/129114-a1-sd-bboyin-breakdancing-clip.html)

Randy Panado August 31st, 2008 10:45 PM

A1 SD Bboyin (breakdancing) clip

Edited in FCP, some magic bullet effects used :

This is a password protected video on Vimeo

Password is f4c . Please give your opinions :). Will only be up for a few days to a week or so.

Thanks

Bill Thesken September 2nd, 2008 02:45 PM

Very crisp, fast clean and clear footage.
Was that shot in 60i? Auto focus?

Randy Panado September 3rd, 2008 03:08 AM

Hi,

Thanks for the comments. 60i, manual focus.

Denise Wall September 3rd, 2008 09:28 PM

Nice. Difficult to keep the shots tight enough yet not lose too much of the body parts as they fly around ;) Good job.

What shutter speed were you using?

There were a couple of times the background lights looked like they caused a hair of underexposure on the subjects.

Randy Panado September 4th, 2008 01:55 AM

Thanks for the reply :). I dance myself which is why I can kind of "guess-timate" what will be happening next.

Shutter speed, I don't remember. As for underexposure, I do have a few filters laid over some of the video so it darkens it quite a bit. The original footage was much brighter. Which clip specifically were you mentioning? I'll take a look at the original.

Appreciate the feedback guys.

Denise Wall September 4th, 2008 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randy Panado (Post 929090)
Thanks for the reply :). I dance myself which is why I can kind of "guess-timate" what will be happening next. .

I kinda surmised that. There was a natural following of the movement normally only possible when the next move can be anticipated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randy Panado (Post 929090)
As for underexposure, I do have a few filters laid over some of the video so it darkens it quite a bit. The original footage was much brighter. Which clip specifically were you mentioning? I'll take a look at the original.

Very minimally at around 41 secs, made relatively worse by the blown out overhead lighting. The most pronounced was around 1 min, 40 secs. This clip was made relatively more noticeably underexposed on the subject because of the proper exposure in the very next cut. It looks as if both could easily be remedied in post.

Good job. Very interesting.

Randy Panado September 4th, 2008 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denise Wall (Post 929154)

Very minimally at around 41 secs, made relatively worse by the blown out overhead lighting. The most pronounced was around 1 min, 40 secs. This clip was made relatively more noticeably underexposed on the subject because of the proper exposure in the very next cut. It looks as if both could easily be remedied in post.

Good job. Very interesting.

Ahhh. I stacked filters on those two clips so it was a "deliberate" under-exposure. I guess it didn't go over well, hehe. I'll change it :).

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.