DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   Vision03 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/136533-vision03.html)

Giovanni Speranza October 23rd, 2008 06:19 PM

Vision03

termined to make only white balance CC (or special fx), but nothing else, because i want my camera to have the right gamma, colorimetry and contrast.
Vision03 is the answer and I'm EXCITED about it.

This could be my best effort in camera setting. Without color correction, this preset sports a great contrast, vivid colors and film gamma and true blacks.

Vision03

Gamma CINE2
Knee LOW
Black PRESS
Master Ped -9
Setup -9
Sharpness 4
HDF HIGH
DHV 0
COR 0
NR1 OFF
NR2 HIGH
Color Matrix CINE1
Color Gain 20
RGN -12
GGN -12
BGN 0

Everything else = default

Vision03 test film on Vimeo

Michael Grayson November 11th, 2008 11:16 PM

vision 3

here's a test i shot using this preset.....comments/suggestions?

"Features" Test-PDub and Juanita on Vimeo

Giovanni Speranza November 12th, 2008 05:06 PM

It's amazing, the colors are very nice, no magenta.
And i like the set, and the actors.
Congrats!

Joan Manzaneque November 13th, 2008 05:21 AM

Congartulations!
Looks very good.

I will try it!!!

Russ Motyko November 14th, 2008 04:10 PM

Is there a reason you have NR2 set to HIGH?

Bill Busby November 14th, 2008 11:50 PM

I can't see how it's possible to get a decent image without a lot of light with both setup & pedestal at -9 and blacks crushed to boot.

Giovanni Speranza November 15th, 2008 06:46 PM

When you set the setup at -9 it's just at 0 IRE (RGB = 000), When setup is at 0 blacks are at 7.5 IRE.
And the pedestal is lowered just to get rid of the greish look this camera sports.

I have refined the preset and called a new one VISION04 which has all the benefits of VISION03 without being darker. In other words you have a bright image with more contrast and darker greys.

I will post soon some footage

Marcel D. Van Someren November 17th, 2008 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giovanni Speranza (Post 964240)
I have refined the preset and called a new one VISION04 which has all the benefits of VISION03 without being darker. In other words you have a bright image with more contrast and darker greys.

What settings did you change for VISION4?

Scott Gold November 17th, 2008 10:48 AM

Please do post footage and the preset settings. I really like your Vision03, I'm starting to use it all the time.

Randy Panado November 17th, 2008 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giovanni Speranza (Post 964240)
When you set the setup at -9 it's just at 0 IRE (RGB = 000), When setup is at 0 blacks are at 7.5 IRE.
And the pedestal is lowered just to get rid of the greish look this camera sports.

I will post soon some footage

Your Amazing Giovanni, always constantly improving :). I for one LOVE Vision01 still but always try out your other revisions. Maybe Vision04 will be the one to replace 01 for me.

Arif Syed November 19th, 2008 12:49 AM

Sorry if this is obvious, but you did shoot those test shots with NO color correction, correct?

Bill Grant November 19th, 2008 07:48 AM

I also wish you could shoot the test with no adapter, just the stock lens. I would like to see that as well. Thanks for these...
Bill