Import problem with Premiere Pro CS3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old November 6th, 2008, 10:16 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Import problem with Premiere Pro CS3

Hey guys,
I'm trying to import a piece of footage that I filmed, its about 60mins long, and I captured it as a whole clip. The audio however looses track for some reason and about 20mins in, the audio just about starts from the begining, but the video stays the same. I checked the raw video I captured in a media player and the original tape playback and it is fine all the way through. But when ever imported into Premiere, the sound is way off...
I also did this with several other clips in the same project and all turned out well, its just this rogue clip...

Any Clues as to why this may have happened??
Jeremy Nemeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2008, 12:15 AM   #2
Regular Crew

very common hdv issue with cs3, look up and use HDVSPLIT to capture, it'l solve your problems and gives you the option of scene detection too. best part is it's free.
Dany Badaoui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2008, 06:38 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks!

Hey Dany,
Thanks for the tip! That helped out a ton! that program is pretty nifty, every thing came out fine.

Thanks again!

Happy Filming!!
Jeremy Nemeth is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders