Canon Console software occasionally gets White Screen of Death at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old November 11th, 2008, 10:48 AM   #1
New Boot

Canon Console software occasionally gets White Screen of Death

Hi,
at my church we have a multicam setup where 3 Canon XH-A1's are being controlled remotely by Canon's Console 1.1 software. On 2 of the 3 cams, things work pretty much flawlessly with the software, but with one particular computer & camera eventually the entire window running the Console software will turn white. Then I am forced to manually power down the computer running the software, turn off the cam, restart everything, and physically unplug the firewire cable from the cam and replug it in before I can get the software to connect the to the cam and function properly again.

Has anyone else experienced this "White Screen of Death" using Console, and if so, do you know how to fix it?

I have been doing a series of experiments (swapping the computers that run the software, swapping the cameras connected to the computers, etc.) to try and determine what is causing this. It is also interesting to note that the cameras are about 150 feet away from the computers running the console software, so I have a firewire repeater at the halfway point between the cams and the computers. I suspect that the Firewire repeater may be the culprit, and I will swap the repeaters to see if the problem follows a particular repeater, but I just wondered if anyone else has seen this problem and knows how to fix it - your input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Matt Martin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders