DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   Frist XH-A1 Video Test/Edit - Adobe Premiere Elements 3 Exporting? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/137824-frist-xh-a1-video-test-edit-adobe-premiere-elements-3-exporting.html)

Kevin Sawicki November 15th, 2008 01:09 PM

Frist XH-A1 Video Test/Edit - Adobe Premiere Elements 3 Exporting?

Hey,
So i just got my XH-A1 within the last 2 days.
Already, I have installed my own presets, shot footage, imported it, and edited it.
I have built many "rigs", including a DIY jib, dolly, and car mount.

I edited in Adobe Premiere Elements 3, but don't like the quality that it exports.
I also tried the h.264 with all the vimeo tips and settings, but the file comes out to be over 600mb. (too large for vimeo)

I shot this with Vision03, with no post CC.

Mark Wuu - Canon XH-A1 First Test with VISION03 on Vimeo

Any comments, tips, etc, are greatly appreciated.

J.J. Kim November 15th, 2008 03:23 PM

Kevin,

first of all, I would deinterlace when exports so lines don't show in faster camera moves.
I don't know vision3 preset would be the best for cloudy dark days. try to put many different preset on your SD card and play around with it (unless you wanted the bluish / early morning / cool feel on your video which looks pretty cool)
I have never used elements, I use CS3, but over 600MB for 1:30 movie seem too much...
may lower the bitrate?
I liked the skateboard shot, but the 2nd shot (rack focus through fence) could have been better if you did rack focus once, instead twice.
and clean your lens! one of the most important things to do when you shoot anything.

A1 is such a fun camera to use and there are so many things we can do with it by tweaking presets with your creativity.
I saw your other stuff and I think you have talent to create some fun stuff with your new camera.
Hope this helps.

JJ

Giovanni Speranza November 15th, 2008 06:57 PM

Nice footage! Just a tip: VISION03 is for manual white balance, not auto, because it will be all blueish.
I will post tomorrow a VISION04 peset which has better color handling and even more contrast.

Kevin Sawicki November 16th, 2008 01:03 AM

Yeah, I wanted to play with the blueish color.
I thought it looked cool.

How do I de-interlace in PE3?

Kevin Sawicki November 16th, 2008 01:11 AM

Deinterlace on Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0

Nvm,
I figured it out.
Right click each clip on the time line> field options > alway deinterlace

J.J. Kim November 16th, 2008 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin Sawicki (Post 964299)
Nvm,
I figured it out.
Right click each clip on the time line> field options > alway deinterlace

that seems too much work, Kevin..
you couldn't find any option when you export?
sorry, could not help you there...
all I could find was this...

"To avoid these complications, you can deinterlace the image. Deinterlacing eliminates one field and either duplicates or interpolates the lines of the remaining field. You can also set field options for an interlaced clip so that the clip’s picture and motion quality are preserved in situations such as changing the clip speed, exporting a filmstrip, playing a clip backward, or freezing a video frame.

Select a clip in the Timeline, and choose Clip > Video Options > Field Options.
Select Reverse Field Dominance to change the order in which the clip’s fields appear. This option is useful when the field dominance of the clip doesn’t match your equipment or when you play a clip backward.
For Processing Options, select one of the following choices, and click OK.
None Does not process the clip’s fields.
Interlace Consecutive Frames Converts pairs of consecutive progressive‑scan (noninterlaced) frames into interlaced fields. This option is useful for converting 60‑fps progressive‑scan animations into 30‑fps interlaced video because many animation applications don’t create interlaced frames.
Always Deinterlace Converts interlaced fields into whole progressive‑scan frames. Adobe Premiere Elements deinterlaces by discarding one field and interpolating a new field based on the lines of the remaining field. It keeps the field specified in the Field Settings option in the Project Settings. If you specified No Fields, Adobe Premiere Elements keeps the upper field unless you selected Reverse Field Dominance, in which case it keeps the lower field. This option is useful when freezing a frame in the clip.
Flicker Removal Prevents thin horizontal details in an image from flickering by slightly blurring the two fields together. An object as thin as one scan line flickers because it can appear only in every other field."

JJ

Kevin Sawicki November 16th, 2008 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.J. Kim (Post 964401)
Select a clip in the Timeline, and choose Clip > Video Options > Field Options.

Isnt that the same as "Right click each clip on the time line> field options > alway deinterlace"

Will Mahoney November 17th, 2008 08:20 AM

Hey, the bluish tint to everything did look cool. It went with the grainy video and the hot, distortet vocals of the audio track.

Good job and keep up the good work. I work on Premier Elements also and you've got to right click and select Deinterlace always.

I've got a series of blog posts talking about my use of Premier Elements and some issues that I've run into.

Will Mahoney's Blogs - Color Correcting, Deep Focus, Bright Sunlight and Classic Cruisers - Part Two.

Here's a video shot on an A1 (my employer owns it), and edited on Premier Elements.
Classical Cruisers By Will Mahoney On ExposureRoom

Keep up the good work.

Kevin Sawicki November 17th, 2008 02:32 PM

Thanks a lot!