DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   Documentary Trailer Concept (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/139640-documentary-trailer-concept.html)

Andrew Allsbury December 14th, 2008 07:10 PM

Documentary Trailer Concept

Its a long story if you read the description on Exposure Room it will explain some of it in more detail. In short I am shooting a documentary, this video is the test (concept) for the trailer that will be shown thursday (at another movie premiere)...the reason it is not the actual trailer is because some of the required footage will not be shot until wednesday night...soooo....some of the footage in this video is just to fill space and give an idea. Please give me any and all suggestions and input. Thank you guys!

Also...
Be brutally honest because this will be played at the premiere of an independent film starring John Leguazamo (Spelling?) and I am sure the people there will have no problem doing the same. This is my debut into the public eye and I would like it to be a stellar one.

CATCH Trailer Concept By Andrew Allsbury On ExposureRoom

Andrew Allsbury December 15th, 2008 07:39 PM

Anybody???

Bryce Comer December 15th, 2008 07:57 PM

Hi Andrew,
Just watched your trailer, & i liked it a lot. Your lighting looked good for the interviews, & the colours looked spot on. Are you planning on doing some cut away shots in those same interviews? I think that would be great if you did, especially some cut aways on the girl, she seemed to have lots of interesting stuff to say, & you could really give everyone a good idea of what it is she has to say with some cut aways showing what she's talking about.
Just my thoughts, i'm sure there are other much more technical people here that will be able to give you more/better feedback.
Good luck with it.
Bryce

Andrew Allsbury December 15th, 2008 11:26 PM

Thank you Bryce, I do plan on adding some nice cut away shots once we have the final footage...thank you very much for your input!

Bill Thesken December 16th, 2008 02:44 PM

I also like the idea of some cut away fades to action spliced into the interviews and then back to the speaker. Wanted to see the completed card, and I imagine that is what will be filmed on Wednesday. A little too much stark blank white between scenes, (but that is just my opinon as I like color and scenery)
Great sound on the interviews, what was the audio set-up? Any chance of filming the homeless that the project will benefit?
A little background reality footage could go a long way and get the eyes watering.
Maybe set up the video in the beginning with a surreal homeless shot. Now I'm rambling...
Great project!

Andrew Allsbury December 17th, 2008 10:40 PM

Thanks for the input guys...some unforeseen issues arose and the card was not finished in time for the event...soooooo...lol now the trailer is more of a trailer/teaser...I will post the final when it is complete.

Bill -
Believe it or not the audio setup is an NTG2 on a mic stand. We placed c-stands with moving blankets just outside of the frame to block any echo.