Please Help Review My XH A1 About To Buy List! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old December 16th, 2008, 06:27 PM   #16
Regular Crew

The shotgun mic is wireless, so do I really need the cables?
Daniel Fessak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2008, 06:35 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Pistolgrip, something like this to use the shotgun as a handheld? If not can you recommend please?
Daniel Fessak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2008, 10:58 PM   #18
Trustee

I have another idea about the hand held mic. How about getting another mic just for that purpose? It will be a better fit for that application and it shouldn't cost that much. I have no idea what you'll be using it for but for general purpose interviews I think it makes sense. If I'm using a hand held, I run the camera mounted to the second audio channel as a backup and it can pick up some ambient sound if I want it.

I have a Sennheiser cardioid hand held that I think cost a little more than US$100. It works in the field and I can also use it in the studio when I need to do voiceover. I think it has a very warm sound there, which is what I like. If you want to hear an example, On Pit Lane-Episode 1 on Vimeo is one. There are many options to choose from.

If you have some extra money in the budget, it might not be a bad way to go. And, oh yeah, get the mic cables. You can never have too many.
Tripp Woelfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2008, 11:08 PM   #19
Regular Crew

That was what I wanted to do at first, but then... not worth getting into.

Would this mic work? And just get the cable to plug into the camera? Sounds simple enough... right?

Sennheiser | E815S - Cardioid Handheld | THREEPACK815S | B&H
Daniel Fessak is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders