Monopod use Canon XH A1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old December 19th, 2008, 03:48 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Monopod use Canon XH A1

hello,

sometimes I like the use of a monopod with my camera. I know the use of a monopod will not give a perfect result.

What kind of monopod is adviced or which one do you use?

Thanks,
Wil
Wil Vermeesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2008, 04:50 AM   #2
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wil Vermeesch View Post
What kind of monopod is adviced or which one do you use?
It kinda depends upon what you want to do with it. I tried using a monopod that I bought for my DSLR for some run-n-gun shooting at a motor race in the pits (paddock). It didn't really work. But I expect that I would have better luck if I was running around trying to catch some wildlife because of the increased mobility it provides.

You said that you like the use of a monopod. Are you using one now? If so, does it do what you want? If not, what's it missing? That info will help us point you in the right direction.
Tripp Woelfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2008, 05:06 AM   #3
Major Player

I got a manfrotto monopod with the same plate the I use on my tripod and Fig Rig so that I can switch from one to the other quickly.
I've only used the monopod when I didn't have space in my kit for a tripod. It has been useful on those rare occasions.
Old December 19th, 2008, 09:38 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Gooderick View Post
I got a manfrotto monopod with the same plate the I use on my tripod and Fig Rig so that I can switch from one to the other quickly.
I've only used the monopod when I didn't have space in my kit for a tripod. It has been useful on those rare occasions.
Which type of monopod?
Wil Vermeesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2008, 12:58 PM   #5
Major Player

check out the manfrotto 561B awsome i use mine all the time
Robert Bec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2008, 01:52 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Ditto on the Manfrotto 561B, using the same plate as my tripod. I find it more stable than handheld for long duration shots, while keeping mobility for tight quarters.
Mark L. Whalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2008, 04:41 PM   #7
New Boot

Also, Manfrotto 561B. Works well for it's intended use. That said, I sometimes (auto and motorcycle shows) use the monopod collapsed and place it's foot inside of a fanny pack pocket for support. I can walk around all day and run/gun without problems.
Don Maldos is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders