DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   B and H emailed me...XH-A1s in stock...3999.99 12-22-08 - 6:00PM (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/140160-b-h-emailed-me-xh-a1s-stock-3999-99-12-22-08-6-00pm.html)

Francis Nelson December 22nd, 2008 05:05 PM

B and H emailed me...XH-A1s in stock...3999.99 12-22-08 - 6:00PM

XH-A1s - I did not see this anywhere yet.

Don Jones December 22nd, 2008 05:27 PM

6:25 EST: Just check the B&H website and yes it's listed as you say. But, a few items down it is listed again at $2,999.99. Go figure.

Francis Nelson December 22nd, 2008 05:36 PM

I believe you are referring to the older XH-A1, not the XH-A1s. The older model is still 2999.99.

Mike Brice December 22nd, 2008 07:56 PM

I received the e-mail and followed the link - at least it was in stock shortly after the e-mail. I am not sure if it is still available.

I am on the fence between this camera and the HMC150

So many decisions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Francis Nelson (Post 982547)
XH-A1s - I did not see this anywhere yet.

Michael Chenoweth December 22nd, 2008 10:50 PM

Picked one up from a local retailer last week (XHA1s that is) - improvements are fantastic. Redesigned lens, much better geared focus / zoom. Zoom is much snappier and behaves much more like a manual zoom lens with a bit more zip to the zoom function. Not quite a crash zoom, but better than before. 6 pin firewire and a first for Canon - the ability to separate mic and xlr audio (recording together) -

I've always felt that the improvements Canon does on the "a" series cams are always what they should have done initially. (don't we all?) but this time around, they've done a really, really good job on this cam.

Monday Isa December 22nd, 2008 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Chenoweth (Post 982682)
Picked one up from a local retailer last week (XHA1s that is) - improvements are fantastic. Redesigned lens, much better geared focus / zoom. Zoom is much snappier and behaves much more like a manual zoom lens with a bit more zip to the zoom function. Not quite a crash zoom, but better than before. 6 pin firewire and a first for Canon - the ability to separate mic and xlr audio (recording together) -

I've always felt that the improvements Canon does on the "a" series cams are always what they should have done initially. (don't we all?) but this time around, they've done a really, really good job on this cam.

Hey Michael,
I would really love to upgrade my XHA1 based on your assessments. Those are the exact things that have frustrated me with the camera. You get use to it but do I ever wish they would have had all these upgraded features in the XHA1 from the beginning. Zooming and focusing, mic and xlr audio recording together, naming of CP displayed on LCD and many more. Thanks for the report.

Monday

Pat Reddy December 23rd, 2008 08:55 AM

Hey Michael, one of the things that bugs me about the XH-A1 is pulsing autofocus during a slow zoom. I've been wondering if the A1s has solved this by making zooming and focus mechanisms independent. Let us know if you notice a difference.

Cheers

Pat