PRESETS: How to install from Card to Camera at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old January 9th, 2009, 01:55 PM   #1
Tourist

PRESETS: How to install from Card to Camera

I have looked on page 81 in the manual and have tried to load from card to tape. I do not see the the name of the custom preset that I want to load to the card. I have the file listed as PRESET and down loaded the presets from the DV i network. I have also called Canon about the issue. PLEASE HELP ME. This is my first post and their is a lot of information on this site.
John Crabtree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2009, 02:23 PM   #2
Major Player

I may be telling you some things that you all ready know, but I'll include them just in case:

1) you'll need a card reader to connect to your PC. They are very inexpensive but you need one or something that has one. Many newer printers have built in card readers. This will let you add and remove things from the card as long as it is connected to the PC.

2) Once you create a folder call PRESET on the card, you can load up to 20 presets to that folder. Any more won't be recognized by the camera. You must have the files named correctly - ie PRESET01.CPF, PRESET02.CPF, etc.

3) once the card is back in the camera, you cycle through the presets until you find the one you want, and then turn it on using the preset button on the bottom left side of the camera under the menu button.
Marcel D. Van Someren is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders