XHA1 Drivers for Vista. - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old February 1st, 2009, 10:22 AM   #16
Major Player

Have u tried switching the camera between VCR mode and one of the camera modes and back again while the camera is connected to the PC? That's what seemed to work for me. Totally un-scientific I realize. I usually use a deck but I don't have a deck for the HDV format. It's been my experience that camera's can be very troublesome to work with as source devices. I'm primarily a Mac user so I'm not up on the 64 bit issue
David Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2009, 11:59 AM   #17
Regular Crew

I am having the exact same problem and am about to throw the computer AND camera out the window (except I am wondering if that might void the warranty)

I have had absolutely no problems with any of my cameras since I switched from NT Server to XP. Now that I have had to switch to Vista its just like the good ol' days.

It does seem like drivers need to be manually installed on vista. Its pretty bad when one of the most popular HD cams available won't work with the most used OS on the market! Heads need to roll!!!!!
Mark Ganglfinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2009, 12:17 PM   #18
Major Player

All I can say is I didn't have to manually install drivers. the OS seemed to pick it up. Really strange but that's my story or experience as the case may be. Some strange combination of what I already described about switching etc...

I would like to know if someone stumbles on the same result
Old February 1st, 2009, 01:25 PM   #19
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Morgan View Post
Have u tried switching the camera between VCR mode and one of the camera modes and back again while the camera is connected to the PC? That's what seemed to work for me. Totally un-scientific I realize. I usually use a deck but I don't have a deck for the HDV format. It's been my experience that camera's can be very troublesome to work with as source devices. I'm primarily a Mac user so I'm not up on the 64 bit issue
I did try switching back and forth. You're onto something with the HDV format; if I put my camera in SD and capture DV on Vegas it works!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Ganglfinger View Post
I am having the exact same problem and am about to throw the computer AND camera out the window (except I am wondering if that might void the warranty)
LOL! I think those thoughts crossed my mind, as well... :)
Old February 1st, 2009, 01:43 PM   #20
Major Player

If it works with DV and not HDV, start looking at the capture preferences in Vegas. It must be set for Mpeg2
Old February 5th, 2009, 10:15 PM   #21
Wrangler

That's it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Morgan View Post
If it works with DV and not HDV, start looking at the capture preferences in Vegas. It must be set for Mpeg2
YOU ARE MY HERO. :D

Thanks so much, David.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders