Final Cut Express 4.0.2 1080 24 and 30p Easy Setup! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old January 25th, 2009, 08:23 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Final Cut Express 4.0.2 1080 24 and 30p Easy Setup!

To all of you guys out there who have the ability to adore 24p and 30p, but cant use it because you don't have the money for Final Cut Studio 2, this thread is for you. Okay, I think if we get enough people sent Apple feedback requesting an update for Final Cut Express for TRUE 1080 24 and 30p, not 720 30p, they will. I just got finished sending a very long paragraph to them. They also read these forums, so lets start making posts requesting an update. C'mon I know a lot of people who really need this update. Not everyone can afford to buy Final Cut Studio 2!!!!! I think they will release an update if we get enough people to complain. To any of you guys who have been here a while, remember how when FCE 3.5 was out everyone started requesting an update to support AVCHD, and what do ya know, they did!.......
Michael Rees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2009, 10:16 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Well if they were to update the program like you want them to, then a lot of people would have no reason to buy Final Cut Studio 2, right? Therefore, if they are in the business of making money, why would they bother doing so? I don't really use Final Cut much, so maybe I'm missing something.

While you're at it, in your letter why don't you ask Apple why is it that despite the fact that they have made BILLION of dollars selling mp3 players, their editing software does not support the file? But then that is a discussion for another forum...
Daniel Fessak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2009, 09:03 AM   #3
Regular Crew

wow, i had no idea express doesnt cover those two formats. two very common capture settings id say.

and fcp alone for me is not enough. once you use the whole studio...motion, compresson, dvd studio, soundtrack...theres no comparison. so i dont even think apple would lose that much if any money allowing those settings. cause for anyone who has used fcp, im sure would run studio if expenses would allow them. studio 2 is a huge bundle, and allowing 2 industry common settings, woudnt hurt studio 2 sales. just my bit on it anyhow.

dan
Daniel Caruso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2009, 02:25 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I don't know. Apple always tries to squeeze as much money as they can from people. They start selling IPods in a new color and act like they re-invented the wheel.

Ever see that episode of The Simpsons where the people who make Malibu Stacy, in order to drive interest to the doll and away from it's newest rival comes up with the brilliant idea to just put a new hat on her? That's exactly what Apple is like. At least when it comes to IPods.

Anyway, I think there are a lot more issues Apple needs to fix with Final Cut than just the one mentioned.
Daniel Fessak is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders