Is Kata HB-207 suitable for my equipment? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old February 3rd, 2009, 11:34 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Is Kata HB-207 suitable for my equipment?

Hi guys 'n girls,

Looking at purchasing a rucksack as I'll be doing a lot of walking when filming. I'll be carrying an XH-A1s, Multirig, Rode NTG-2 with windshield, Sony MRC1K, Canon HV20 with wide angle lens, spare battery, some tapes, possibly an ElectroVoice (wired) microphone and tripod to be confirmed. I'd also like to carry an SLR camera and lens but can use a separate bag for this if necessary.

I doubt the rucksack will be able to handle the tripod but would the Kata HB-207 be able to handle the rest of that equipment?

Jonathan
Old February 3rd, 2009, 11:45 AM   #2
Regular Crew

That's the one that I have, love it as it distributes the weight very well.
Old February 3rd, 2009, 12:01 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivier Depaep View Post
That's the one that I have, love it as it distributes the weight very well.
Hi Olivier, do you think I'd be able to fit all of the equipment I have into the bag?
Old February 3rd, 2009, 02:07 PM   #4
Regular Crew

i have looked at this bag at a local shop and though it is a solid bag, the functionality wasnt for me. the thing about most backpacks, is if you have a shotgun mic(which you do), and the multirig, you more than likely need to unscrew or alter something to fit it in. so for me i didnt like that much, i want to just take my cam out and go. but depends how your using it. i have the kata 193 and it just fits my a1 w/wide lens and too long azden mic haha. no doubt though kata(and this one) is a great bag. i would just be careful on how you want to fit it all in. if someone could throw up a pic of their bag with cam in, you would get a better idea.

dan

-on a side note, someone told me kata used to make army armor haha. no doubt you camera will be safe =]
Daniel Caruso is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders