Shopping for A1 in London at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old February 15th, 2009, 12:34 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Shopping for A1 in London

Hi, I'm going to London in the weekend of 11-12 April and I will be buying a Canon XH A1 (not sure if I should buy the A1s or just take advantage that the A1 is a bit cheaper...).

Can you guys tell me some good reliable stores in London where I can find good bargains for this camera? Somewhere around £2200-2400...

Any help is very welcome!

Thanks

David
David Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2009, 01:55 PM   #2
Regular Crew

camera prices are going a bit crazy in the UK thanks to the weak £ and the usual retail greed. I was just about to buy an HV30 as a companion to my A1 and the price rocketed £200 literally overnight. After a week of hunting on the internet I found one that was only £100 up on when I was hours away from buying it, originally (tesco.com).

The same happened to me in January when I was about to buy a Firestore 4HD. £200 added overnight. I walked away from that.

The Euro I think is a bit stronger, so you might be better checking the internet before you leave home.

Ian
Festival Video and Audio Previews - Festival Previews Ltd
Ian Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2009, 08:37 AM   #3
Inner Circle

I wouldn't bother with any stores. As like me you are not resident in the UK then customer support from the shop is not a big issue. You won't find the best prices in stores anyway so you may as well order over the Internet & rely on your local Canon after-sales service.

I can personally recommend Home Discount Electrical Warehouse in Wallington, Surrey. They currently have the XH-A1 listed on their web site at 2215 pounds with another 50 pounds to courier it to Europe. They do actually have a bricks & mortar store where you can collect but their service has been great on delivering to the South of France the equipment that I have bought from them (XHA1 & a 5D Mk II). They prefer to speak on the phone & confirm via email rather than have you just ordering on the web site HDEW CAMERAS About Us

Cheers

Nigel

Last edited by Nigel Barker; March 4th, 2009 at 03:43 AM.
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders