Bag at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old March 2nd, 2009, 02:36 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Bag

Looking for a good bag for XH-A1, maybe something with wheels for weddings..Any suggestions?
Peter Ferriero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2009, 09:05 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I use a standard aluminium flight case and sit it on a set of luggage wheels with a bit of foam padding in between.

Ian
Festival Video and Audio Previews - Festival Previews Ltd
Ian Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2009, 09:29 AM   #3
Regular Crew

any links?
Peter Ferriero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2009, 09:38 AM   #4
Regular Crew

there are many suppliers of flight cases and you should try googling a few. The one I bought was:

TL004 Case for Canon HC-4200 HC4200 HC 4200 XH-A1/XH-G1 . Its gone up a bit since I bought it from them through ebay.

The luggage wheels were just a standard set of wheels from any luggage shop. I wrapped its tubes in plumber's foam insulation.

Hope that helps.

Ian
Festival Video and Audio Previews - Festival Previews Ltd

Last edited by Ian Wright; March 2nd, 2009 at 09:47 AM. Reason: typo correction
Ian Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2009, 11:35 AM   #5
Contributor

I use a Petrol PCUB-1. No wheels. Check B&H. I used nothing but Portabrace bags for years, but I like the Petrol better because it has a hard exterior bottom with little feet, so if you set it down on a wet surface (loading your vehicle in the rain, for instance), the bottom fabric of the bag doesn't get wet. I also like the way it opens up all the way.

If you're looking for something lighter weight but still good, Tapeworks Texas carries the Camrade bags. It's not as stiff as the Petrol and you wouldn't want to put something on top of it, but it's lighter in weight, not as wide but longer.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2009, 04:28 PM   #6
Regular Crew

I too, use a Petrol, BBR3, the 'Doctors' type bag, and find it to be excellent, offering superb protection and bags of room for camera and accessories.
Mike Hardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2009, 06:06 PM   #7
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hardy View Post
I too, use a Petrol, BBR3, the 'Doctors' type bag, and find it to be excellent, offering superb protection and bags of room for camera and accessories.
Hi Mike. Do you mean the PDRB-3? I couldn't find the model you mentioned.

Richard
Richard Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2009, 06:36 PM   #8
Major Player

Peter,

I have an extra KATA CCC-2-A bag that is perfect for what you are looking for. (The bag is the same as their CCC-1-A; it's just a little bigger to fit more stuff).

It is barely used and can be used with their trolly system to wheel the thing around (though you will have to buy this separately).

email me if interested. I'd be willing to sell it as I don't use it (got a large 16x9 bag to fit my XL H1S/Mattebox/FF setup). The bag is essentially new.

Thanks.
Michael Galvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2009, 04:06 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Hunter View Post
Hi Mike. Do you mean the PDRB-3? I couldn't find the model you mentioned.

Richard
Richard.
So sorry. Yes, you are correct, (god knows how I ended inputting those letters?). Anyway, the bag is excellent, very protective, very roomy and actually looks pretty classy too. It 'opens' like the old fashioned Gladstone Doctors bags, hence its name.
Mike Hardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2009, 03:51 AM   #10
Major Player

i put pics of a great and affordable case in this thread:
Homemade Shooting Brace for Canon XH - The Digital Video Information Network
Brian David Melnyk is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders